• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw a dude on Parks and Recreation wearing an RRL flannel from the Shipyard collection tonight.

Can someone give me the arm sleeve opening (from shoulder seam to the armpit) on a large RRL shirt please? My chest measures 40" and most of my best fitting shirts measure 21" p2p. I saw it was said that I would be a large in RRL (where it seems the p2p ranges from 22" to 23") so I'm trying to see how high the armholes are. Thanks.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just barely got back and saw all the proxy requests. I'll see if we can head back over there tomorrow as we're pulling out of town and I'll do a double check.

There were a lot of Japanese tourists in there eyeing those racks though... As I checked one of the raws for the selvage line, like three dudes came over and began chattering amongst themselves.
uhoh.gif

I have to admit though - I've never personally dealt with RRL denim before - it seemed tough as nails, well constructed, able to take anything. I was really impressed.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
Just barely got back and saw all the proxy requests. I'll see if we can head back over there tomorrow as we're pulling out of town and I'll do a double check. There were a lot of Japanese tourists in there eyeing those racks though... As I checked one of the raws for the selvage line, like three dudes came over and began chattering amongst themselves.
uhoh.gif
I have to admit though - I've never personally dealt with RRL denim before - it seemed tough as nails, well constructed, able to take anything. I was really impressed.

hrmmm, Ill be in vegas in a few days for a business meeting...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
Just barely got back and saw all the proxy requests. I'll see if we can head back over there tomorrow as we're pulling out of town and I'll do a double check.

There were a lot of Japanese tourists in there eyeing those racks though... As I checked one of the raws for the selvage line, like three dudes came over and began chattering amongst themselves.
uhoh.gif

Go get it before the Japanese get them all
laugh.gif
though no slim fit? I thought you listed straight, low straight and slim boot?

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^seriously. some japanese guy came to the outlet i go to and got around $10k of RRL just a couple hours before I came in.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My outlet had a lot of new RRL in it. Most of it was higher-priced items like $800 jackets and limited edition pants. Even with the 50% off, prices were too high for me to feel comfortable being able to resell. I did pick up two items that I thought someone on the board might want. One is the Alaska double knee pant, size 36x34. It is this one from before:
Originally Posted by el duderino
alaska1.jpg

I also picked up a pink selvedge oxford from Orchard St. in size large. This is the made in China one that seems to be a little slim; I am a medium and it almost fits me. They also had a bunch of the Sri Lanka shirts in pink- in comparison, those seemed bigger to me. Also the Orchard St. seems to be slightly more reddish with MOP buttons and a smoother cloth, while the Sri Lanka shirts seemed to be bright pink in pastel oxford cloth. Anyway, if anyone is interested in either of these, PM me. I didn't get fantastic prices on them, but I'll make as good a deal as I can. I'll post pics, and a sales thread if necessary, soon. Finally, check out these babies. Limited edition (32 out of 40, as you can see). Something like $700; sale was still over $300. Did not purchase, but this was the type of gear they had in my store:
RRL1.jpg
RRL2.jpg
RRL3.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
^^^seriously. some japanese guy came to the outlet i go to and got around $10k of RRL just a couple hours before I came in.

Which outlet? Do all RL outlet store carry RRL in general (I know you got to get lucky, but at least RL doesn't have a policy where they won't ship to certain outlet for example)?

For example I have only heard purple label and black label in Woodbury but not in other outlets (not counting stuff like Saks off Fifth)

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
clee there are actually two types of RL outlets at woodbury - Polo and Ralph Lauren. they get different types of stuff in. right now a lot of RRL and RLX products are going to Polo Factory Stores. the trade names for these types of shipments are "big boxes" (they come in as big boxes of miscellaneous stuff as opposed to the smaller boxes of one item regular merchandise comes in) or "PSR" (past season retail). if you want to call woodbury make sure you call the polo one and not the ralph lauren one. generally though Polo outlets don't do phone orders of any kind. at my outlet i have seen every line of ralph lauren come in (even women's "Collection" stuff comes in occasionally).

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
clee
there are actually two types of RL outlets at woodbury - Polo and Ralph Lauren. they get different types of stuff in. right now a lot of RRL and RLX products are going to Polo Factory Stores. the trade names for these types of shipments are "big boxes" (they come in as big boxes of miscellaneous stuff as opposed to the smaller boxes of one item regular merchandise comes in) or "PSR" (past season retail). if you want to call woodbury make sure you call the polo one and not the ralph lauren one. generally though Polo outlets don't do phone orders of any kind.

at my outlet i have seen every line of ralph lauren come in (even women's "Collection" stuff comes in occasionally).

cool, thanks!

el duderino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
I also picked up a pink selvedge oxford from Orchard St. in size large. This is the made in China one that seems to be a little slim; I am a medium and it almost fits me. They also had a bunch of the Sri Lanka shirts in pink- in comparison, those seemed bigger to me. Also the Orchard St. seems to be slightly more reddish with MOP buttons and a smoother cloth, while the Sri Lanka shirts seemed to be bright pink in pastel oxford cloth.

That shirt is a chambray and not oxford, hence the difference in fabric. Nice piece and fits looser compared to the selvedge oxfords. They re-released the shirt for SS11, but in a non-selvedge version.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
el duderino - you are like RRL god.

JasonV

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
Cool man, appreciate it.

Wow, is this the same sweater you emailed me awhile ago?

Here's measurement for a selvedge shirt I already had, it's red/white striped with white collar and made in China type rather than Sri Lanka. I'll post the other shirt's measurements when I get it next week hopefully.

P2P - 22 inches
Sleeve from seam to end of cuff - 27 inches
Across front 9 inches below pit - 21.5 inches
Across shoulders from top sleeve seams - 18.5 inches
Length from bottom of collar to back hem - 31 inches

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads