• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
im going to vegas this summer, and I bought everything I wanted from SS2011 julius already.
When? I'll be there during Evo. I'll let you touch my iPad.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Evo? the fighting game tournament? what game.

ramp

Reaction score
none of my **** has smelled ramp, wtf are you buying anyways? i thought you gave up on the path to a ninja, and you chose the blue pill.

Not all Japanese are ninjas. Have bought a few Undercover things and some Junya x Levi's pants recently. And a pair of Yohji sweatpants that I have no clue why I bought.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
Evo? the fighting game tournament? what game.
not competing, just chillin' with some friends; figured I could diddle my geek skittle and pop my vegas cherry in one go. MK9 will be pretty cool to watch, as will SSF4 of course.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why the am I staying in Japan over golden week?

Anyone in Osaka or Tokyo wanna hang out? Do some shopping?? Meet my ex-girlfriend???

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
I just want to buy cheap tops and bottoms and spend all my money on travel, footwear and leather stuff.

I just want a pair of Mr Hare boots and a Lord Willy's suit and a one way ticket to County Cork, is that so wrong or hard. Also, a pair of basset hounds to follow at my heel.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^i want some king tubbys

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^i want some king tubbys

Yesssssss. You should read Marc Hare's blog, he's on the correct wavelength when it comes to most things.

The basset hounds would be named Francis and Zelda, if anyone's wondering.

transient

Reaction score
that route is ******* stupid, and sloppy.

Nice shirts and bottoms are awesome, too

also, holy **** someone just sent me a package via USPS in a whole foods bag. That's some godlike ingenuity and cheapness.

Seriously, I'm not going to pay another $1 for an envelope. As long as you have good tape you can make a container out of anything. Tape is your friend.

Cordwinder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Why the am I staying in Japan over golden week?

Anyone in Osaka or Tokyo wanna hang out? Do some shopping?? Meet my ex-girlfriend???

When are you going to be in Osaka? I work in Osaka, live in Kobe.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
When? I'll be there during Evo. I'll let you touch my iPad.
holy ****, yah ill be there for EVO too. I only play third strike, though so I'm not good at any of this years lineup. Plus, I hate all of the games they put up this year. Pretty much just going for vegas again like last.
Originally Posted by transient
Seriously, I'm not going to pay another $1 for an envelope. As long as you have good tape you can make a container out of anything. Tape is your friend.
lol, im not hating. that was SMART.
Originally Posted by ramp
Not all Japanese are ninjas. Have bought a few Undercover things and some Junya x Levi's pants recently. And a pair of Yohji sweatpants that I have no clue why I bought.
well, I thought you quit trying to buy ninja stuff because you said it was too expensive. So, I didn't expect you to be buying designer **** at all from there.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramp
Has anyone else noticed a distinct smell on garments proxied from Japan? It's not a bad smell, but maybe 1/2 of everything I've got has smelled...kinda salty or something. Haven't smelled something like it in the States.

I thought all of Tokyo (now that I think about it, probably Kyoto as well) smelled kinda salty or something. In some way oceanic, but definitely not fishy or unpleasant. When I got home, all of the clothes I'd packed kind of smelled like that as well.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want more Jil suits and more Engineered Garments simultaneously, why?

DeadDJ

Reaction score
^Because you were headed toward EG anyways then you found a Jil suit that fit really well.

I bought two things from msg board members. One shipped from China on the 6th and according to tracking, has been stuck in "Portee" (what I understand is a Chinese customs center) and "Origin Post Preparing Shipment" since. Another left Singapore on the 11th. Am I ever going to see these ******* things? Are they sending them by sailboat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads