• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by guyver00
Thanks for all the input, at least I didn't get ripped apart
laugh.gif
I've tried it again with a different jacket and no tie. Also changed my pants too, I think this is actually better than my first attempt. Here is the first attempt.
IMGP0321.jpg

I had a vest like that on today in a Goodwill for five bux and decided against it. You're making me rethink it.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
b356f9dd.jpg

This looks incredibly good. How do you get such a clean line on those pants? Is it just a matter of getting the break right?

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liquidus
This looks incredibly good. How do you get such a clean line on those pants? Is it just a matter of getting the break right?
There's a rumor that he trains his clothing using the principles of pack leadership, comprised of exercise, discipline and affection, in that order. He is...

...The Clothes Whisperer.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by guyver00
Thanks for all the input, at least I didn't get ripped apart
laugh.gif
I've tried it again with a different jacket and no tie. Also changed my pants too, I think this is actually better than my first attempt.

Here is the first attempt.

IMGP0321.jpg

2nd attempt, with the knitted vest because the weather here is still quite windy.

IMGP0322.jpg

I think you had it right the first time...

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Today's shots brought to you by the color digestive enzyme green. Bulging in jacket pocket is caused by my keys.
Nice looking suit, but too much waist suppression. Especially given the lapel width. The curved waist gives you womanly hips, even with the other B&W pic I think it's a combo of too much suppression and the particular shape/angle of it too.
Originally Posted by ndw
No doubt - **** is rare - like diamonds - Bad phone shots for, Ed.
wow, daym, i do love that tie!
Originally Posted by edmorel
best news I've heard all day.
lol, +1. Holdfast, I'm not a big fan of the tie. although, I think it could be used differently. instead of with a solid shirt, try it with a gingham or checkered shirt or something. might look less 'prom-y'.
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
You could get the stitch repaired. I have had this done on many ties.
shhhh, don't tell him!
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
SF meat up:
I'll bet one of them was Freud

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
Guessing you're the black monks?

I don't think I've ever seen Spoo wear double monks... unless they're new, which is possible. If I had to guess, I'd say Spoo is on the left in the black wingtip, NYR is at the bottom in the longwing, I've seen Crusty wear double monks like that and they're all in new york, so I'll throw him as the top. Which leaves me stumped on the right.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy
First day for Linen:

5639877999_f5a0d325c3_z.jpg
5639878127_6415861b08_z.jpg
5640451714_b22364609a_z.jpg

I think the SC is not only awesome, but the whole fit looks good. Hope you keep things at about this level since it still says spoozy without dizzy
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Navi

pLG4g.jpg

Y3DSC.jpg

God my camera is so terrible, and somehow the sun knows whenever I plan on taking a picture and hides behind clouds the rest of the fuckin day.
plain.gif

You're getting better. White square is a touch in the right direction
smile.gif
Add a white shirt instead of the one you have now and you're good to go.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
Guessing you're the black monks?
That'd be my guess too. Are the bottom ones NYR??? Seem like his sorta style.
Originally Posted by aeglus
You're getting better. White square is a touch in the right direction
smile.gif
Add a white shirt instead of the one you have now and you're good to go.

Thanks man, I'm slowly getting there, kinda puttering along as I upgrade different areas of my wardrobe slowly. Working on getting some decent suits and SC's, and getting them tailored right now, along with funding some new shoes. Going to get the waist taken in a tad on the jacket tomorrow, the trousers need some work as well, need to get the waist let out a bit, also going to hem + cuff them by hand tomorrow. Thinking 2" cuffs to help them drape nicely. I also kind of dislike white shirts, find them really boring, so I don't have any that fit me well.
laugh.gif
I'm going to pick one up soon, though. Wish I had one of those raw navy silk Panta ties, think it would look killer with this suit!

wingman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mktitsworth
I don't think I've ever seen Spoo wear double monks... unless they're new, which is possible. If I had to guess, I'd say Spoo is on the left in the black wingtip, NYR is at the bottom in the longwing, I've seen Crusty wear double monks like that and they're all in new york, so I'll throw him as the top. Which leaves me stumped on the right.
I'd switch out the monks; I think Crusty is in the brown monks on the right, and the top shoe's a mystery. (Unless it's Spoo, LOL.)

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mktitsworth

Cigarette butts below the person on top and on the right... Which people smoke?
devil.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads