• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they all vary slightly, no necessarily season to season but shirt to shirt

the only thing that has changed season to season is the chest pocket keeps getting lower and lower
laugh.gif

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thatoneguy
they all vary slightly, no necessarily season to season but shirt to shirt

the only thing that has changed season to season is the chest pocket keeps getting lower and lower
laugh.gif

okay. ty.

Gaillimh Abu

Reaction score
I received a couple more Gitmans today and they fit totally different to the blue chambray i have. I got the camo and red/blue madras and i couldn't be happier with the fit. Both are more fitted, shorter and don't billow at the back and look good on. I'm sending the chambray back now as i was just unsure about it because it just doesn't look anything special, it's a shame because the fabric is lovely.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For people who know gitman and the fit, the poplin/oxford cloth mashup may just be the perfect summer shirt...

gitman.jpg

gitman2.jpg

(blatant context photo ripoff..)

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
For people who know gitman and the fit, the poplin/oxford cloth mashup may just be the perfect summer shirt...

...unless people can see your flabby stomach right through them?
uhoh.gif

Urijah1086

Reaction score
Ha just ordered the regular oxford in white kinda regret not ordering that one...
ffffuuuu.gif

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
...unless people can see your flabby stomach right through them?
uhoh.gif

lol....
biggrin.gif

its really, believe it or not, not as translucent as it appears in the photos. It was a concern of mine too. But it's surprisingly not that see-through..

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone picked up the trousers yet? Would like some input on those.

flipsilk

Reaction score
I just purchased a white "oxford" buttondown from Saturdays Surf in NYC. I don't think its poplin but its certainly not the heavy oxford either... does Gitman make a "light" oxford? THats honestly what it feels like to me

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flipsilk
I just purchased a white "oxford" buttondown from Saturdays Surf in NYC. I don't think its poplin but its certainly not the heavy oxford either... does Gitman make a "light" oxford? THats honestly what it feels like to me

Maybe you got a pinpoint oxford?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
one size (small) left at ac. dont forget 15% off (ACRvip15). This'll be the one everyone is pissed they passed on...
bigstar[1].gif

2-3.jpg

1-3.jpg

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that does look pretty cool, though I am kind of novelty-patterned out after the cheetah arrives (on Monday
ffffuuuu.gif
)

Urijah1086

Reaction score
Quick pic of my white oxford(sz.s) I just received. Feels like it fits a little bit slimmer than the blue one...
download-4.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads