• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

dschaengo

Reaction score
I think those brothers (Churchwell?) featured on A Suitable Wardrobe look a little too much as though they just stepped out of a 1937 fashion plate. It works for them, but they are a demonstration of why "classic" style as an ideal is not all that it's cracked up to be. They have style, but their style is drawn from 70-year-old fashion trends. It won't work for everybody, nor should it.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dschaengo
I think those brothers (Churchwell?) featured on A Suitable Wardrobe look a little too much as though they just stepped out of a 1937 fashion plate. It works for them, but they are a demonstration of why "classic" style as an ideal is not all that it's cracked up to be. They have style, but their style is drawn from 70-year-old fashion trends. It won't work for everybody, nor should it.

It's not for everybody, but this forum's TTO does anachronistic pretty well.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
Yes. After I posted I learned from other posts that he was a
"somebody" As a provincial Yank, I thought he was just another
"chav", as you guys put it

Even all his money and fame , he is still a chav...
devil.gif

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
tumblr_ljth9klxi41qi2ohao1_400.jpg

What do you guys think about red sport coats? I have a chance to buy a muted red (sorta like dull pink) linen jacket but I'm not sure if I could pull it off.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
What do you guys think about red sport coats? I have a chance to buy a muted red (sorta like dull pink) linen jacket but I'm not sure if I could pull it off.

Do it if you have your own quiz show on TV.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Do it if you have your own quiz show on TV.

Yep, Japanese gameshow host gear, no offense. Very Lost in Translation

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
The Brian Ferry suit, in that pic, doesn't look too flattering

Originally Posted by ndw
I also actually really like the Brian Ferry's look (but for the low rise) and that is something I would wear all day long.

He's definitely louche and wears suits kind of like regular guys wear jeans and tees. I personally like his style but agree he's not quite as put together as most of other guys we assess here. Too short ties, pants sagging, wrinkled suits, etc. But, he's f@ckng Bryan Ferry... dates models half his age, still makes good records and pops champagne for breakfast... so he gets a pass from me. Btw, I think both the tan linen suit and the navy cord suit are Rubinacci London House.
teacha.gif

BryanFerryPressConferenceMarbellaw4LQYw4zzFEl.jpg

BryanFerryPressConferenceMarbella-NM74sfEYEVl.jpg

article-1033437-01E3600800000578-967_468x562.jpg

BryanFerryH-60acb560-4270-4d5f-8026-c382bb7b0c42-0-450x521.jpg

gwolf

Reaction score
^suave. i'm guessing the brunette with him in the other pic ain't his daughter.

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
He's definitely louche and wears suits kind of like regular guys wear jeans and tees. I personally like his style but agree he's not quite as put together as most of other guys we assess here. Too short ties, pants sagging, wrinkled suits, etc. But, he's f@ckng Bryan Ferry... dates models half his age, still makes good records and pops champagne for breakfast... so he gets a pass from me. Btw, I think both the tan linen suit and the navy cord suit are Rubinacci London House.
teacha.gif

I appreciate this about him and I really like both of these looks. I love how he actually "wears" his clothing.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gwolf
^suave. i'm guessing the brunette with him in the other pic ain't his daughter.

It's Lily Cole. Red-headed model.

Nice avatar :) There's a pretty cool interview for NME about making the Olympia album.
Wearing the blue cord suit, tan loafers and some... lemon yellow socks. Oh well. Mmm.. well, at least there's Kate Moss.
http://www.nme.com/nme-video/video/639866809001

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads