• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harry Rosen MTM Coppley Suit

sss

Reaction score
Hello,

I am getting married next week and my MTM suit from Harry Rosen has not arrived. At the end of February their was a deposit of $500 for my Coppley suit and then on March 4th I got my fitting done for the suit. The representative assured me that the suit would be done in 4 weeks in which then I would need to be sized again to make the final adjustments. Its being close to 7 weeks now and when I called to inquire the representative informed me that the suit would be shipped on April 27th. This is just a few days before I need it as it will be needed by May 1st, preferably April 30 I would like to have it in my possession. The representative told me its taking extra time for the material I chose as it is being shipped from somewhere else.

Has anyone else had problems with Harry Rosens MTM program where it has taken a significant more time to complete the suit then stated?

The representative said that when the suit arrives they will have the adjustments done in a day, but it seems odd that they would take soo long to make it and then rush the adjustments in a day.

If anyone else could share their thoughts on the program it would be helpful. At this point I have a sour taste in my mouth and would probably try Holt's the next time around.

Also I have read that the Coppleys are not fully canvassed, is this true? I ask my representative and he said it was fully canvassed but I don't think he knew what i was talking about. I tried reaching Coppley through emails asking the same question with no reply.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sss
Hello,

The representative said that when the suit arrives they will have the adjustments done in a day, but it seems odd that they would take soo long to make it and then rush the adjustments in a day.

Makes sense if they feel *********** up and are putting aside their in house tailor to make it right.

Also I have read that the Coppleys are not fully canvassed, is this true? I ask my representative and he said it was fully canvassed but I don't think he knew what i was talking about. I tried reaching Coppley through emails asking the same question with no reply.
I believe they are partially canvassed.

This thread is a good warning. I have not used Rosen MTM but was considering it. This is definitely one of those situations where making a lot of noise is a good idea. Don't be lax, tell them they are ruining your wedding.

sss

Reaction score
I've called the guy several times and it seems like the same story all the time, that the suit is still being made and should be on its way. I'm trying to get the last few details of my wedding done and then Harry Rosen is giving me a headache over whether I will have a suit for my reception. I honestly thought this would be the detail I would never have to worry about, especailly since their suppose to have some of the best services from what i have read.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about having them give you something OTR? Not sure how much hell you would have to raise to make this happen, but it may be your only option.

sss

Reaction score
I mentioned something like that to the representative, he just agreed to make me happy though. The suit I am getting made is costing $1800 so I was hoping to wear that for my special occassion.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone at Harry's screwed up big time. This is deadly serious since you have only a few days to get suited. Personally, I would expect a full refund in cash and scramble to get another suit, any suit, anywhere else. Please let us know the outcome of this.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sss
I mentioned something like that to the representative, he just agreed to make me happy though. The suit I am getting made is costing $1800 so I was hoping to wear that for my special occassion.

get a back-up suit immediately, or at least have a plan. Nothing worst than being ass-out on the big day.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'd suggest bypassing the SA to talk to someone with more authority, ie at least the store manager and make it clear if he needs to, to talk to someone even higher. Make it clear that they made certain promises, you have been more than reasonable/patient, and basically they've messed up, and in particular these aren't normal circumstances. I would ask them what they can do for you, and offer some options 1. first choice, they track down your suit exactly and then expedite it to have it arrived, do the final tailoring, and nothing else goes wrong (frankly, some discount or other comp wouldn't be uncalled for, how about a nice wedding tie and shirt to go with the suit?) 2. Second choice, they give you something very comparable OTR and do any required tailoring to make it closer to a MTM... maybe free, or at a heavy discount, or you pick anything in the store and get it for the same price as your MTM, etc.. it may be a combo of both options, ie you tell them you want #1 but will take another suit in the meantime as insurance.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent advice Master-Classter.

yellman

Reaction score
I have had problems with harry before, send an email to their head office detailing your issues.

I found when I did this, they responded within 45 mins and made amends.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I guess that's why they call you the "Yellman"

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
I'd suggest bypassing the SA to talk to someone with more authority, ie at least the store manager and make it clear if he needs to, to talk to someone even higher. Make it clear that they made certain promises, you have been more than reasonable/patient, and basically they've messed up, and in particular these aren't normal circumstances. I would ask them what they can do for you, and offer some options

1. first choice, they track down your suit exactly and then expedite it to have it arrived, do the final tailoring, and nothing else goes wrong (frankly, some discount or other comp wouldn't be uncalled for, how about a nice wedding tie and shirt to go with the suit?)

2. Second choice, they give you something very comparable OTR and do any required tailoring to make it closer to a MTM... maybe free, or at a heavy discount, or you pick anything in the store and get it for the same price as your MTM, etc..

it may be a combo of both options, ie you tell them you want #1 but will take another suit in the meantime as insurance.

This. Go above the SA's head. This is no joke, you're out your suit on your wedding day, and you gave them plenty of time to make it right. Make a giant stink and make sure it gets resolved. Don't be an ass, but be firm and insistent. You're in the right here.

No matter what happens, have a plan B, remembering to leave time for alterations if needed.

yellman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
I guess that's why they call you the "Yellman"

smile.gif

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coppley is definitely fused - not half canvassed. That's why it's so cheap compared to other MTM programs.

A good store will not give you a definite delivery date. The best SAs I've dealt with are explicit when they say they can't guarantee a delivery date, but can only give you a general timeline (like 4-6 weeks).

That being said, sorry about the situation. Out of curiosity, which harry's location?

zak555

Reaction score
i've never had a MTM by HR come in when promised - usually 4-6 weeks late, but this was because they were coming from switzerland (zegna) or required import of fabrics from the UK (samuelsohn); I've been told that Coppley is fused and the typical turn around is 7 days. you should definitely escalate the issue. btw, what city?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads