• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deez nuts
agreed, i have the one from last year and had to size up b/c they ran slightly smaller
this

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hrm? You guys had to size up? Are the measurements misleading, because the selv oxford measures nearly the same (slightly slimmer shoulders) as my western in the same size.

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was quiet surprised that I have same western style shirt in same size but different color and pattern, their size was not equal.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rayson
The Ralph Lauren on Fulham Road (last bit of postcode is "RL"!) has a decent bit of RRL judging by the photos on the Sanforized blog. I pestered El Duderino about something and he reminded me of this. Thousands of miles away and he helped point me towards London. I was in London this weekend, actually, and although I feel uncomfortable in places as exclusive as that shop doubtless is, I was excited about the idea of a quick visit. I'd have reported back, too. Turned out there was no time between falling out with somebody's extended family, so if anybody else can make it there without incident, please tell.

Checked the RL on Fulham road, good selection, as well as some more rugged Polo selection than what's on Bond street. Some overlap with stuff sold in Liberty, but still worth a visit, I would say definitely more t-shirt and shirt selection than Liberty, also you can find smaller size there as well.

Side note, NYC still got better selection though, no surprise there...

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone knowledgable about which seasons included which collections? I found a bunch of Alaska, Outlaw, Lighthouse, Holiday Lodge, etc., and I'm curious where it all came from. Expect another large b/s thread soon, when I figure out what is gonna work for me.

Rayson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clee1982
Checked the RL on Fulham road, good selection, as well as some more rugged Polo selection than what's on Bond street. Some overlap with stuff sold in Liberty, but still worth a visit, I would say definitely more t-shirt and shirt selection than Liberty, also you can find smaller size there as well.

Side note, NYC still got better selection though, no surprise there...

Hey, good stuff! God knows when I'll next go to NYC (only been once and didn't know about RRL), but my next visit to London is a couple of weeks so hope to have a look then. Have a good bank holiday.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only sizes that could potentially fit me - mediums and larges, with a couple XLs thrown in (too good to pass up).

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RRL selvedge officer chinos

5641189781_0baff5d963.jpg
5641758610_5d500bc096.jpg
5641190621_472b03a9e7.jpg

5641190339_92a5c4805b.jpg

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look really nice. They look kind of stiff and have a bit of a sheen to it? Is that a RRL oxford too?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
Those look really nice. They look kind of stiff and have a bit of a sheen to it? Is that a RRL oxford too?

thx ... they are slightly stiff but will soften with wear. and these are lighter and less stiff then the limited edition officer chinos that came out like 2 seasons ago.

the oxford is a gitman
smile.gif

srgprod

Reaction score
FYI... Got this message from my SA at the RRL Melrose store:

"I just wanted to reach out to let you know that we have a new collection called "Windships" here in the shop. It's a nautical inspired group with lots of indigo and white, and it includes some nice summer pieces.

This collection includes some great new women's product. They're really starting to bring the women's collection back with some pretty summer dresses as well as several new styles of denim.

We've also got a couple new styles of our hand-made boots in now as well as some new summer basic t-shirts and shorts. Come by and check it out if you are around or let me know if you have any questions. I'll be here today and tomorrow, as well as Monday, Wed, and Fri of this coming week."

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
RRL selvedge officer chinos

5641189781_0baff5d963.jpg
5641758610_5d500bc096.jpg
5641190621_472b03a9e7.jpg

5641190339_92a5c4805b.jpg

looks nice dude, are they like super heavy cotton? How does it fit, pretty regular raise?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clee1982
looks nice dude, are they like super heavy cotton? How does it fit, pretty regular raise?

uh they fit slightly larger than tagged in the waist and stretch slightly with wear. they are pretty light weight and perfect for spring. legs arent super slim but the overall fit is def slimmer then their limited edition release 2 seasons ago

stolen from context clothing:
"¢ Japanese Selvedge Twill
"¢ Woven on narrow shuttle loooms
"¢ Busted seams in seat, outseam, and inseam
"¢ High stitch-per-inch
"¢ Hand turned pocket welts
"¢ Piece-dyed fabric
"¢ Unwashed
"¢ Carmel color will fade with wear and wash
"¢ 10.5 oz cotton twill
"¢ 128 x 58 weave
"¢ Button fly
"¢ Red-line selvedge in outseam
"¢ Sanforized

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads