• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Graduation Gift: WATCH HELP!!!!!

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I honestly would just wait. I was in your shoes 2 years or so ago. I had $1,000 to blow on a watch. I bought an Oris. It is OK and I wear it every now and then...but nothing to really write home about.

Now that I have access to more spending abilities, I just bought an IWC Portoguese and while it hurt the pocket a bit, it is a really nice time piece.

Just save up for a watch that you really want.

thunderthighs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pizza
My parents are asking me to what I would like for my graduation gift. I would like a nice watch, however the models I have been looking at are way too much. I'm wondering, what is similar to the Omega seamasters but around $1000? It is not imperative, but if you have a great recommendation feel free to post. I really appreciate it. This is a large purchase and I appreciate your help.

edit: I like the omega line in general, and have a small wrist.

Be a good kid and tell them to take that $1,000 and go on a nice vacation, they've earned it for raising your ass from birth until now.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thunderthighs
Be a good kid and tell them to take that $1,000 and go on a nice vacation, they've earned it for raising your ass from birth until now.

I wish I would of told my parents this. Most of us are so ******* selfish towards our parents and think we're entitled to whatever extra money they have. and I was just there 3 years ago.

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by irbe
Where would you find IWC spitfire going for that?

I meant ask them to contribute $1k toward a spitfire, which would knock the price down to around $2.5k

Originally Posted by dmash1080
I wish I would of told my parents this. Most of us are so ******* selfish towards our parents and think we're entitled to whatever extra money they have. and I was just there 3 years ago.

I agree w/ this most of all. Unless your parents are exorbitantly wealthy and spend their days sitting around and relaxing, that is

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Yup, I finally come to that realization. I take out extra loans because I believe it's not my parents DUTY to pay for all my school expenses. I hate hearing ******* toolbags at my school talk about how they're so pissed that mom and dad won't give them 'party money'. For God sakes, I pay for my own ******* food, yet some dudes think they're entitled to a 'party fund' from their parents?

Hell, I'm very appreciative that my parents pay my car insurance, I guess that and the car payment is without a doubt being covered by the rents with those clowns though. I'm not even going to question if they pay their own rent or not.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL +1
teacha.gif

Originally Posted by thunderthighs

Stillmaticbeat

Reaction score
stowa

and i don't believe in hatin on people because they have money, its not that fault
and entitlement...people learn eventually, the hard way

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sinns are great watches. or, a pre-owned omega speedmaster automatic can be had for not too much more than your budget on TZ. i think the 38mm version is a great option for those with a smaller wrist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads