• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
newbie question... do u have to have a certain number of posts before you can list items for sale? i have a RRL sweater in L from the past season thats too big. think it would sell quicker here than on ebay.

thanks!

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no post limit. just make sure you follow the posted rules and you're good.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JasonV
Got your message, will post some measurements when it gets here.

Cool man, appreciate it.

Originally Posted by deez nuts
newbie question... do u have to have a certain number of posts before you can list items for sale? i have a RRL sweater in L from the past season thats too big. think it would sell quicker here than on ebay.

thanks!

Wow, is this the same sweater you emailed me awhile ago?

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that just looks like a **** up to me. who knows, though

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
"Intentionally frayed" placket? What do you guys think? Is that true or is it damaged?

Damaged. I know that tag. Besides:

1. If it was intentionally frayed, it would be the only one RRL ever made since I 've never see any other like it

2. RRL can do some shoddy distressing but I've never seen anything like that

3. If it was intentionally frayed RRL would be charging $400 for it - $225 for the shirt, $175 for fraying it for us

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
that just looks like a **** up to me. who knows, though
Originally Posted by somatoform
Damaged. I know that tag. Besides: 1. If it was intentionally frayed, it would be the only one RRL ever made since I 've never see any other like it 2. RRL can do some shoddy distressing but I've never seen anything like that 3. If it was intentionally frayed RRL would be charging $400 for it - $225 for the shirt, $175 for fraying it for us
Brilliant analysis. I thought it just looked fucked up. If it is intentional, not sure I'd want to wear it that way. How is the denim on this one compared to the Wyoming wash? Both are selvedge, but this one looks thicker. BTW, wEstSidE, glad to see your carpenter jeans sold so quickly!

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Intentionally frayed" placket? What do you guys think? Is that true or is it damaged? Also, is this one of the super-slim shirts everyone has been talking about? 20" pit-to-pit or medium seems narrow. http://cgi.ebay.com/225-RALPH-LAUREN...ht_3936wt_1139
LOL, I saw this one too and just noticed you put this up. I've got the EXACT shirt in a size L and it's definitely not frayed like that, the seller is an ass. Btw it is pretty slim and the numbers are a bit misleading, for instance my L is a 22.5" p2p but it tapers immediately to 21.something. The sleeves are pretty relaxed though so I just roll them up.
Brilliant analysis. I thought it just looked fucked up. If it is intentional, not sure I'd want to wear it that way. How is the denim on this one compared to the Wyoming wash? Both are selvedge, but this one looks thicker. BTW, wEstSidE, glad to see your carpenter jeans sold so quickly!
The denim's pretty hefty and really slubby, it has a lot more character than the one I think you're talking about (no pocket embroidery right?). It's a really nice shirt.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the difference between the made in Sri Lanka and made in China Japanese selvedge oxfords? Were they from a different season? Differently cut? Even the tags are very different (ie the made in china has a swatch on the tag). MIC
vGfY1.jpg
MISL
VN0vS.jpg

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
The denim's pretty hefty and really slubby, it has a lot more character than the one I think you're talking about (no pocket embroidery right?). It's a really nice shirt.

Yep. This one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_2037wt_905

I thought about making a lower offer to that seller to account for the cost of having it repaired, but I'm not sure it's salvageable. Plus, if it runs that slim it might be too small anyway.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
Anyone know the difference between the made in Sri Lanka and made in China Japanese selvedge oxfords? Were they from a different season? Differently cut? Even the tags are very different (ie the made in china has a swatch on the tag).

MIC
vGfY1.jpg

MISL
VN0vS.jpg

I just picked up a made in China selvedge in broadcloth, not oxford, that has the swatch, too. I thought that might have been a special edition sold only at Barney's, but not sure? Mine is fairly slim, too.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they were from different seasons, but not a different cut. The selvedge oxfords from 09/10 were slimmer than their non-selvedge brethren though.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for the tip westside

and froosh, yup! i havent had the chance to take better photos and it's just been sitting in my closet.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
I think they were from different seasons, but not a different cut. The selvedge oxfords from 09/10 were slimmer than their non-selvedge brethren though.
agreed, i have the one from last year and had to size up b/c they ran slightly smaller

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody checked out the Windships Collection in person yet?
So far I have only seen pics?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads