• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danito

Reaction score
Thor,
was the sun exposure just from walking around, or did you 'tan' them?

Thor

Reaction score
Mostly just from everyday use...but I did leave them outside on occasion...

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone is thinking about buying some Saphir Renovateur, it's best to buy it from Leather Soul because you get a larger can of it for about the same price.

http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/201...phir-lsw-lsbh/

The normal can is 75mL and the Leather Soul can is 100mL.

Just passing that along.

Thor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Danito
and how old are those indy's?

they are about 9mos old...worn almost every day at least part of the day...

...not really Alden related but some folks might be interested- a while back I was looking for a non-Indy CLX boot with commando sole...couldn't find anything suitable in the Alden stable so I went cross-country to another American classic- Whites Boots-

They do a pretty cool custom order where you can pic almost all the details...with delivery in about 5 weeks- this the result:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...=219173&page=8

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
anyone know what last those boots are on
We went over this exact subject a few pages back. Citishoes has failed to put the last on their site and the only way to know for sure is to call them. My guess is Barrie or Aberdeen, but just a guess.

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTYGGG
We went over this exact subject a few pages back. Citishoes has failed to put the last on their site and the only way to know for sure is to call them. My guess is Barrie or Aberdeen, but just a guess.

yeah i did call them the sales person did not know what last, said he would call alden tomorrow. thought i take a stab and see if anyone had them.

Tadite

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Worth the wait. Plain toe boot in natural chromexcel:

P1030716.jpg

Saves me needing to post a picture. I got mine just a few weeks ago. Love the modified last!

laugh.gif

velomane

Reaction score
I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know where I can get a pair of ravello wing tip boots, size 8.5D Barrie/Trubalance? I know about the epaulet preorder, but I'm not a fan a plunking down full price for something that will take half a year to get to me (Frankly, I think a partial payment would be more reasonable). Do you suppose they'll have a few extra pairs once the shipment comes in? Anyone here want to part with their pair?

FU imageshack

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
yeah i did call them the sales person did not know what last, said he would call alden tomorrow. thought i take a stab and see if anyone had them.
Wish the last was posted on their website…if you hear back keep us posted. TSM has 'em in stock on the Aberdeen last. Could always go the preorder route with LS or Context. The NST boot is a great looking boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads