• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official blake x RЯL officer chino contest

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harveyrabbit
I'm in the contest. While I fully appreciate that Blake is going to work with RRL to come up with a nice prize, I wanted to propose a pool from participants as well. If each member of the pool put in, say, $20, there might be an additional award available. We could make it a people's choice award, and the expectation could be that the winner use the money to buy a new RRL item to complement their one year old chinos and show it off to the group. Anyone interested?
isnt this like gambling? im in

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im down as well but logistically who would hold the money? or just have everyone who agreed pay up at the end?

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
im down as well but logistically who would hold the money? or just have everyone who agreed pay up at the end?
Well Blake has no idea, but I thought he seemed a pretty good candidate for holding the money from the pool. I was in his store when I conceived the notion, so in some ways he is responsible for the idea. I think if we are very cunning, and approach this just right, we might be able to ensnare him in this affair as well...

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU
Ill look into tailoring them but id need to have them taken from the measurements of a 30 to a 28 all over

well moving a button over/slimming the waist should be fine. but if your entire top block is too large, then yeah you might have a problem. i find the thighs and the overall cut more slim then the limited ones i had 2 seasons ago but maybe i got bigger
frown.gif

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well moving a button over/slimming the waist should be fine. but if your entire top block is too large, then yeah you might have a problem. i find the thighs and the overall cut more slim then the limited ones i had 2 seasons ago but maybe i got bigger
frown.gif

Yeah the whole thing is too large. Im bummed.

osadolor619

Reaction score
If anyone sees a size 38 out there, Or a 36 if they run big.. then holla @ ya boy

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
By the way, can anyone comment on sizing on these officer chino? I wear 28x30 in low straight, and would most likely wear 29x30 in slim fit (tried waist 28, too tight, and waist 30, too loose, so pretty sure 29 is the one or it just doesn't work). In dress pants I am more or less 30 (if it's real sizing).

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clee1982
By the way, can anyone comment on sizing on these officer chino? I wear 28x30 in low straight, and would most likely wear 29x30 in slim fit (tried waist 28, too tight, and waist 30, too loose, so pretty sure 29 is the one or it just doesn't work). In dress pants I am more or less 30 (if it's real sizing).

im similar to you. but im a 28 in slim fits ... are you sure 28 was too tight? you realize they stretch with wear right?

i took a 28 in these as well since these tend to run large and also stretch. but i guess you would be more of a 29

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
im similar to you. but im a 28 in slim fits ... are you sure 28 was too tight? you realize they stretch with wear right?

i took a 28 in these as well since these tend to run large and also stretch. but i guess you would be more of a 29

hum, not sure. The slim fit I tried in 28 was super rigid, the leg was a bit too tight, and the waist was pretty close to impossible to button. Maybe they will stretch enough, but can't really tell. I only have my "correct" size low straight for about 2 weeks. I wear suit 99% of the time, so can't really tell how much they soften up/stretch, though even after only wearing for 4 days, they do seem to soften up already, not sure about how much they will stretch though.

So basically it's all the same size for you in low straight/slim and these chinos? For reference I am about 5'7"~5'8", and weights about 145lb, my true waist around belly button is probably like 30.5 ish

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear suit 99% of the time, so can't really tell how much they soften up/stretch, though even after only wearing for 4 days, they do seem to soften up already, not sure about how much they will stretch though.

because of this, i think your too used to suit/business wear. although its also a personal preference but with wear and time, those jeans will stretch. but you might not want to go through that break in period

So basically it's all the same size for you in low straight/slim and these chinos? For reference I am about 5'7"~5'8", and weights about 145lb, my true waist around belly button is probably like 30.5 ish
i'm 5'7 and 140 lbs. i wear a 29 or a 30 depending on suit but i would say im a true 29 so slightly smaller than you. i think youd be good with a 29. but they are sold out company wide until end of summer for fall collection. you should snag the LAST size 30 from blake ASAP!!! email or call the store asap ... unless it already sold
eh.gif

el duderino

Reaction score

Measure a pair of pants that fit you well across the waist with the waistband parallel, subtract 2" and that is your RRL size, sounds like 28 in your case.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads