• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ambrosi Napoli

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Manton, you are a tall drink of water.
drool.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A Kabbaz shirt in the wild--can it be?

It looks like he didn't quite slope the shoulders enough for you. Hmm. Might just be how you're standing.

Lightbringer

Reaction score
The Ercole is a bit too full and high for me. I do hope to see more examples of Ambrosi's work though.

cronicmole

Reaction score
Ambrosi should be happy that most of these SF'ers are civilized people...seeing him type and be active on SF and still disregard e-mails and have the audacity to talk about SF members..could only lead to me putting hands on him when I saw him during his visit.

sellahi22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Kabbaz.

Interesting. The cuffs look slightly large, seem to be sliding a bit down your hand. Maybe it's just the camera playing tricks, or maybe it's just that I like french cuffs to be as tight as possible.

quar

Reaction score
I suspected it was a Kabbaz. I recognised the fabric and collar from some photographs you posted years ago of your AK shirts resting on hangers. Although I wanted to suggest it, it seemed almost ridiculous to suggest that we were looking at a Kabbaz in the wild.
laugh.gif
SA should charge you 30% more for pants based upon how much bloody fabric he would need to cut to drape those legs of yours.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ataturk
A Kabbaz shirt in the wild--can it be?

It looks like he didn't quite slope the shoulders enough for you. Hmm. Might just be how you're standing.

What do you see?

DutchDaedalus

Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. A song about pants. The name of the uploader is 'Superjews' ('Superjoden' in Dutch). Bring on the art pants, fashion pants, magic pants, fancy pants, international pa-a-nts and the racial slurs.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DutchDaedalus
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Fixed.

quar

Reaction score
mafoofan, that photograph of you in the Ambrosi's looks fantastic, worth every dollar spent I think.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Shaun Whnay?

Originally Posted by edmorel
whnay's was riding pipe when shawn was still in his diapers. whnay is an old school pipe rider.

Originally Posted by TRINI
LULZ

Originally Posted by edmorel
I luv whnay
inlove.gif

yeah, whnay is cool.

Originally Posted by gdl203
Ever heard of the magic number referred to as the "golden ratio"?

Let's see...

foo.gif
established that his other pants (hereby labeled "b") have 60% of the handwork of his Ambrosi pants (labeled "a")

So we have:

eqn8096.png

eqn3612.png

eqn6252.png

On the other hand, the golden ratio derived by the quadratic formula is

d55cd492b245d20ad78383ca9f4305da.png

Yes, you correctly identified a 3% difference between these two numbers.

Is it at all possible that
foo.gif
's 60% number was a little bit of an approximation? I say that's possible... it's possible...

Duuuuuuuuude, no ******* clue what any of that ^ means, but:

rain-man-2064762194.jpg

Originally Posted by Big A
A brilliant summation ... I'm not sure anything more can be said.

Well, you sure took care of that now, didn't you?
laugh.gif

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne

Well, you sure took care of that now, didn't you?
laugh.gif

Self control - not my strong suit.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
What do you see?

Bright red lines. Well, okay, I added them, but they're over folds in the fabric running from the neck to the armpits--usually indicates that the fronts aren't sloped enough for the wearer's shoulders.

But I don't claim to know anything about drafting shirt patterns, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads