• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tell me about SAND...

Pastafarian

Reaction score
curious about this brand.

the branding is not very clever because every time I search the label, the search results are drowned out by the million sand colored items.

Has anybody had experience with their suits? footwear? shirts?

Opinions, impressions in general would be appreciated. Thank you.

Pastafarian

Reaction score

JTP1000

Reaction score
My understanding is that they're half canvassed, more "modern" cut (trimmer, shorter etc). Probably on par with Boss quality-wise, though not as expensive.

B|aze

Reaction score
I have 4 or 5 SAND suits and the cut and quality differs from suit to suit.
I like the cut on some of them, but others are to "boxy"

If you can get them for around $3-400 I think it matches the price.
I would compare it to Hugo Boss, but with nicer patterns and more attention to design details

Pastafarian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by B|aze
I have 4 or 5 SAND suits and the cut and quality differs from suit to suit.
I like the cut on some of them, but others are to "boxy"

If you can get them for around $3-400 I think it matches the price.
I would compare it to Hugo Boss, but with nicer patterns and more attention to design details

really eh?

So they are not fully canvassed as mis-directed by the threadstarter in the other Sand thread. IC.

Boss is abhored here. I see their patterns are a lot like Etro, are they close in quality?

Getzione

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pastafarian
really eh?

So they are not fully canvassed as mis-directed by the threadstarter in the other Sand thread. IC.

Boss is abhored here. I see their patterns are a lot like Etro, are they close in quality?

I can almost guarantee that they are not.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man I thought someone was talking about me
laugh.gif

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Op, I believe Harry Rosen sells SAND shirts (for some obscene price like $300 each) so you can check them out there as a starting point. The only other place I knew of that had their shirts and maybe suits was Grafton/Stonehouse if they're still around.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Op, I believe Harry Rosen sells SAND shirts (for some obscene price like $300 each) so you can check them out there as a starting point. The only other place I knew of that had their shirts and maybe suits was Grafton/Stonehouse if they're still around.

+1................I used to see them in Stonehouse at Yorkdale all the time. Not my cup of tea, but seemed to be comparable to Ted Baker-type stuff.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
All the suits I´ve worked with are fused.
Quality wise I`d put them right below hugo boss, but the problem is that the quality of their garnments are very inconsistent. some of it are decent, but alot of the fabrics are complete ****. pay special attention to the lining of the suit, thats usually a problemarea.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads