• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gordon Yao

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cassanova
I got this in an email from them....The price for a CMT (2 piece suit) is US$1200-. The price for a CMT trousers only is US$280- each. Thoughts?
crazy.gif

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got this in an email from them....The price for a CMT (2 piece suit) is US$1200-. The price for a CMT trousers only is US$280- each.

Thoughts?

That would be an astounding price jump. The trouser price looks about right, but I'm pretty sure I paid under $800 for my last CMT suit. I understand a bump in price. I even understand a 20-25% bump, but that's over 50%. Are you sure that's a quote for CMT?

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
That would be an astounding price jump. The trouser price looks about right, but I'm pretty sure I paid under $800 for my last CMT suit. I understand a bump in price. I even understand a 20-25% bump, but that's over 50%. Are you sure that's a quote for CMT?

They just want to discourage the CMT.

cassanova

Reaction score
thats an exact quote and I described what I meant by CMT (i.e. i will provide fabric). They did say they are running a "promotion" which would give a 15% discount off those figures. Still much higher than others have quoted historically.

sellahi22

Reaction score
thats an exact quote and I described what I meant by CMT (i.e. i will provide fabric). They did say they are running a "promotion" which would give a 15% discount off those figures. Still much higher than others have quoted historically.

Interesting. That's not competitive and will not lead to me branching out from Chan, whereas the lower price may have.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sellahi22
Interesting. That's not competitive and will not lead to me branching out from Chan, whereas the lower price may have.

I don't think they want to get the customers from Chan becausr the low CMT price. For them, buying suit from them have much more profit than CMT.

I met Pactrick today and he said he got hundreds orders from his last month trip to US. Just counting the profit of selling those fabrics are easy money!

sellahi22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fishball
I don't think they want to get the customers from Chan becausr the low CMT price. For them, buying suit from them have much more profit than CMT.

I met Pactrick today and he said he got hundreds orders from his last month trip to US. Just counting the profit of selling those fabrics are easy money!

I'm happy for Patrick/Chan. They really do run a fantastic operation with great customer service and dependability.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, I confirmed with Gordon too that his CMT is now $1200. It's a pity.

At that price, you really might as well stay in the West and pay a little more and go Savile Row. I've decided to get just a jacket (no trousers) made by Steed at $2300 (CMT). I have a Thai tailor who can make me good trousers off my pattern for about $90. Total is about equal to an expensive Chan suit.

I don't think HK can remain competitive very much longer... people want a bargain when ordering from Asia, yet their prices make you cringe just as much as the West.

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got this in an email from them....The price for a CMT (2 piece suit) is US$1200-. The price for a CMT trousers only is US$280- each.

Thoughts?

What about the cost for a regular order 2-piece suit using Yao-provided goods (not CMT)?

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Louche
What about the cost for a regular order 2-piece suit using Yao-provided goods (not CMT)?

I think for VBC fabrics its about $1300 USD.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sellahi22
I'm happy for Patrick/Chan. They really do run a fantastic operation with great customer service and dependability.

I agree. Patrick is a class act.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Svenn
Yep, I confirmed with Gordon too that his CMT is now $1200. It's a pity.

At that price, you really might as well stay in the West and pay a little more and go Savile Row. I've decided to get just a jacket (no trousers) made by Steed at $2300 (CMT). I have a Thai tailor who can make me good trousers off my pattern for about $90. Total is about equal to an expensive Chan suit.

I don't think HK can remain competitive very much longer... people want a bargain when ordering from Asia, yet their prices make you cringe just as much as the West.

You can still get bargains in Asia but the end result may not be up to your standards.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fishball

A hundred suits?! No wonder Chan has no more specials on tour.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
A hundred suits?! No wonder Chan has no more specials on tour.

Sorry dragon, not a hundred, is few hundreds!

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Traveling tailors make good profit from the fabrics sales. They don't keep stock of those fabrics, they order the fabrics after you paid the deposit, and they earn few hundreds US dollars from every suits their customers ordered.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads