• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
snafu is scaring the children

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
what statistical tools? i know i'm not a hardcore quant god but i try my best. also, you and i both know that integrating isn't trivial.

i've been wearing my wallies damn near every day. i should switch it up with the weavers.

These days, PCA and decision tree learning - I'm having student use a CART program right now, for example. K. I'm going to have to stop this nonsense myself, here.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
what statistical tools? i know i'm not a hardcore quant god but i try my best. also, you and i both know that integrating isn't trivial. i've been wearing my wallies damn near every day. i should switch it up with the weavers.
if you want to use something financial or econometric related ... sas and spss are extremely useful. i use them daily. excel and crystal ball work well if your doing simple linear regression modeling. if you use the correlation and t and p-critical (use =tinv/tdist, with 95% ci with your df) functions in excel when looking at your explanatory variables you can do some cool stuff with regression modeling ... but it needs to be simple (forecasting for unknowns such as sales, revenues, etc.)

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are there 13 year olds on lookbook? When I was 13 the extent of my internet was Gamefaqs for cheatz and Neopets

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
R/S+
Originally Posted by g transistor
Why are there 13 year olds on lookbook? When I was 13 the extent of my internet was Gamefaqs for cheatz and Neopets
the age of confession

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Damnit, now I'm gonna end up going out and buying this (unless someone can suggest a better version of the same).

1887404600_1_1_3.jpg

I made it over a year here without owning anything from Zara.
plain.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, I'm looking at that AND some of the colored denim.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Appreciation of course, but that was special for me since I didn't have internet and had to go to the library to do my internetting. I spent so much time there in my younger days... Mostly Appreciation was a scrambled TV screen that would become a clear picture for those 2 seconds of pure bliss, only to be snatched away again.

RFT: I didn't really understand the Prada creeper things, but I was able to handle and see in person a grey canvas pair that I really, really liked. Would like to buy eventually.

thatguymj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Damnit, now I'm gonna end up going out and buying this (unless someone can suggest a better version of the same).

1887404600_1_1_3.jpg

I made it over a year here without owning anything from Zara.
plain.gif

Funny I just went to a Zara for the first time ever last weekend. They have a pretty big one here in San Fran and I finally happened to walk in after reading about it here a few times

. I was actually surprised with the clothes. They for sure beat my expectations. I didn't actually buy anything since I had just came from blowing a bunch of cash at Barneys, but I thought the clothes are really decent quality for the price points. I checked out some of the t's and they were made of some pretty soft cotton and looked comparable to like a jcrew, BR, or AA.

. I mean in the end, they are kinda just a mall type brand that bites lots of other designers stuff, but at least they do a decent job of it.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
^Appreciation of course, but that was special for me since I didn't have internet and had to go to the library to do my internetting. I spent so much time there in my younger days... Mostly Appreciation was a scrambled TV screen that would become a clear picture for those 2 seconds of pure bliss, only to be snatched away again.

RFT: I didn't really understand the Prada creeper things, but I was able to handle and see in person a grey canvas pair that I really, really liked. Would like to buy eventually.

I got exposed way too young but I was usually like wtf this man I have a Kacheek to train

RFT: Need to sell most of my clothes but selling is such a painnn

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thatguymj
Funny I just went to a Zara for the first time ever last weekend. They have a pretty big one here in San Fran and I finally happened to walk in after reading about it here a few times

. I was actually surprised with the clothes. They for sure beat my expectations. I didn't actually buy anything since I had just came from blowing a bunch of cash at Barneys, but I thought the clothes are really decent quality for the price points. I checked out some of the t's and they were made of some pretty soft cotton and looked comparable to like a jcrew, BR, or AA.

. I mean in the end, they are kinda just a mall type brand that bites lots of other designers stuff, but at least they do a decent job of it.

The tees are just okay imo, not as good as some of their other stuff. Their prices are comparable to H&M when on (good) sales, but quality is a lot better. One of the best mall brands imo (I know, not saying much)

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
RFT: Need to sell most of my clothes but selling is such a painnn

I have basically two boxes full of stuff like shirts, jeans, coats, etc that I need to sell, but it isn't worth it due to shipping fees from Korea
frown.gif
Tempted to start a thread to practically give it away just to get some extra room on my floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics