• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you like living in your town/city?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We've already had the "Where have you lived" threak, so here's one along the same lines. Are you happy in your current location? Why or why not?

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sure do.

Its quiet, but 20 minutes from midtown. Its in a gated community but its not isolated from the rest of the town.

There are plenty of amenities around, the crime is low, and its like an hour from everything. The beach, the mountains, city, athletic events.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So far Montreal is fairly lousy. The weather is terrible (I never knew rain and snow could fall at the same time), the streets and buildings are crumbling, nearly everything built since the 1960s is hideous, there's too much sprawl, public transportation is inadequate, aside from real estate everything is expensive, and the food and nightlife are overrated.

I'm hoping that it will get better as summer arrives and the festivals start up.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm happy here. It's not the best city or my favorite, but it is a wonderful place to live.

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
living across the road from this makes my city awesome in summer, but it can get pretty boring in winter.

unfortuantly there arent too many better places to live in my industry when it comes to pay and lifestyle so despite my itchy feet, im stuck here for a while.

Eponym

Reaction score
I like my house and neighborhood, but the city largely sucks.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eponym
I like my house and neighborhood, but the city largely sucks.

same here.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Herbert
living across the road from this makes my city awesome in summer, but it can get pretty boring in winter.

unfortuantly there arent too many better places to live in my industry when it comes to pay and lifestyle so despite my itchy feet, im stuck here for a while.

Towel boy?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the city but feel too far out and that kinda sucks for dating, even though i'm right on subway line. My neighborhood is more for seniors and married people. I kinda want to move right downtown, but don't feel like paying an extra $500-600 on something I don't own, and I don't want to own at this point.

The city itself is nice. I can get most of what I want except for a decent ******* baguette, which in montreal I used to be able to find in just about every neighborhood.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. I just wish it were more taxi-friendly for bar hopping and the like.

LA is very comfortable to live in. Problem is a lot of people here are jerks though.

philipp

Reaction score
I live in a village with a little bit less than 5000 inhabitants and I hate it.
Don't know why exactly, though. I just like big cities more.
Probably this is a case of "the grass is always greener on the other side", because the village I live in definetly has some nice features.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live in a walkable area in a major metro area. Yes, it's the Detroit area, but despite all the negative press there are still a lot of things going for it.

However, I would move to somewhere like the Phoenix area at the drop of a hat if I could convince my wife to. I love the weather and I love the desert and being close to some great off-road driving opportunities. I would even settle for the higher elevation places like Santa Fe or Albuquerque just to get a bit of topography - the one thing the Detroit region definitely lacks.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fairly happy in DC. Weather varies, nice architecture, solid social circle. Want to move abroad in the future though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads