• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OFFICIAL Fragrance Split Discussion Thread

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cornflake
I haven't posted much here, but already love this site (got myself a new sweater as well lol).
I don't know how some of these guys don't ask for more cash in these splits to be honest. I think it would go crazy doing all the work.
I would never do a split with someone who isn't well received on a site. They could just as easy take off with the money sent to them, or be lazy. Not that I think newbies will...but I'll always air on the side of caution with splits online.

Cheers for everyone involved, and I can't wait to close that Rose 31 split. Too bad I was late on all these Musc Ravageur split...c'est la vie.

I still have plenty of musc ravageur left.

$42 shipped to canada for 10 ml.

PM me if interested.

BillyD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
Super-huge influx of <10 post junior members wanting to head up splits.

whats wrong about that? everyone needs to start one day
perfect way to get my scents a bit cheaper as many niche brands only offer 100ml bottles

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BillyD
whats wrong about that? everyone needs to start one day
perfect way to get my scents a bit cheaper as many niche brands only offer 100ml bottles

No no - nothing wrong with new members. Everyone has different reasons for joining SF. Just saying new people with no "rep" on the boards wanting to head up splits are perhaps more likely to be unaware of what goes in to organizing, doing, and sending out a split. Additionally, no B/S history may make some older members wary of getting in - no history of good transactions, whatever.

I'm all for new people on here, perhaps just with a little more rhyme, reason, and/or hierarchy.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about some of you new members get in on the Le Labo Rose split? Can't believe this one isn't filled up yet.

CologneReview

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ezlau
Just got a message from paypal that my GIT package is on teh way :dances:

Is that's from me don't dance to hard
laugh.gif
. GIT has been ordered but hasn't arrived to me yet. I just had a few seconds extra last night and printed out all the labels. Sorry about the confusion
blush.gif

BillyD

Reaction score
i did some splits on a german board.. i did 6 profumum splits, 3 parfumerie generale splits and one xerjoff split so far (very bad spray) ... but there are only few men and they usualy want/split woman scents i know it´s some work... but i have glass bottles here, spraying 70-90ml in it takes about half- one hour and the post office is 5 minutes away from me... so no big deal for me.... usually when payment recieved from everyone, buying, splitting and shipping is max 2 days (when avaible in local shop)
Originally Posted by El Argentino
No no - nothing wrong with new members. Everyone has different reasons for joining SF. Just saying new people with no "rep" on the boards wanting to head up splits are perhaps more likely to be unaware of what goes in to organizing, doing, and sending out a split. Additionally, no B/S history may make some older members wary of getting in - no history of good transactions, whatever. I'm all for new people on here, perhaps just with a little more rhyme, reason, and/or hierarchy.

ezlau

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CologneReview
Is that's from me don't dance to hard
laugh.gif
. GIT has been ordered but hasn't arrived to me yet. I just had a few seconds extra last night and printed out all the labels. Sorry about the confusion
blush.gif

Okay that kinda answers my question, thought both Creed and you are like super efficient. The wait continues..
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
hopefully it will come after Easter's
smile.gif
?

CologneReview

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ezlau
Okay that kinda answers my question, thought both Creed and you are like super efficient. The wait continues..
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
hopefully it will come after Easter's
smile.gif
?

Lol sorry about that one. It'll go out within a day or two of me getting it. I'll do my best for you.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CologneReview
I really don't think people understand the time and effort it takes to get one of these splits finished. There's the tracking of people interested, getting all of the supplies, printing all the labels, collecting the money, placing the order, and then comes the fun part of mashing the sprayer for hours at a time. A lot of folks here respect what we're doing, yet some just don't seem to get it. For those I suggest to head over to the Perfume Court and get a load of their prices.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Preach it brother splitter!

BioSore

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm seeking out interest for HERMES -- Terre d'Hermes EdP. I would like to get a split on this going. The 2.5oz sells for ~$90-$95, so we don't have many spots to fill. PM me if interested and I'll bump in the thread periodically.

Basenotes link: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26125219.html

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Fleur de Liane or Mechant Loup, both by L'artisan Parfumeur?

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I figure I should finally post a request if anyone else has or plans to split up some Montale Oud Cuir D'arabie. I bought a sample of it, and then another slightly larger 20ml bottle. It is quickly becoming my absolutely favorite fragrance and if I can't find others that are selling splits, I will just buy a bottle for myself. But I thought I'd check here first.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics