• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Some nice fits in there acecow ... but you need some new blue jeans

Thanks. Yes, I know. I have a total of 3 pairs and two of those (including the pair I'm wearing) are beater jeans that I wear when I don't really care much. Like, walking to the corner store, etc. That includes going to work for certain reasons.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Dewi
Where did these come from, and are there any more? I'm thinking about acquiring some yellow trousers for some spring/summer GTH fits.

These are great. I believe I bought them at Zara on clearance last spring. I'm not sure if they make them any more, but you can definitely try!

Dewi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
These are great. I believe I bought them at Zara on clearance last spring. I'm not sure if they make them any more, but you can definitely try!
Excellent. Much appreciated, ace. I just can't bring myself to wear red trousers.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
More errands today...a fed boy is a happy one:
IMG_2592.jpg

That sausage looks amazing!

Mike

someotherstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TTO

-TTO
P.S. any feedback on the fit and balance of the coat would be helpful as I plan on another order with these tailors but feel this isn't quite there yet?

TTO, PM Sent.

Mr.P

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TTO
P.S. any feedback on the fit and balance of the coat would be helpful as I plan on another order with these tailors but feel this isn't quite there yet?
I'm sorry if this has been said before, but I think the front balance is slightly short. In the first photo it looks like the jacket is pulling upwards (perhaps the result of a tight chest, as someone mentioned). Also, there are quite a few folds in the sleeves in the photos you posted, and I think this is a posture issue that the tailor should have taken into account. Rotating the sleeves might help.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL. If I could get it up there without being arrested at the airport, I would bring you'all some good Cajun sausage. I already sent Spoo enough hot sauce to last him into his 60s.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Maybe I'll bring ya some Eyetalian sauzzech Thursday...
laugh.gif

I keed I keed.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
really? have some pics to share of gunboats with tapered/narrow trousers and it looking proportionally good?

i'd like to be edified.

Well, my second +1 (general dislike of wearing shoes with the shoebox still around them) was the most important, so it's hard for me to show you a good looking example. Maybe if I turn it around: imagine just a small part of the boats (the bows, so to speak) peeping from under the trousers. That, to me, would look very unattractive, like the wearer had tiny round feet. The alternative is showing the ugly bastards (hi fans
smile.gif
) the way they are, like you see the "Pitti Italians" do"”I prefer that.

(Hope you weren't distracted too often by my choice of words...)

IsteRed

Reaction score
Hello,my first time posting in this thread
e422eef1478b.jpg

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IsteRed
Hello,my first time posting in this thread
e422eef1478b.jpg

The jacket fit is not bad, but you need to tuck that pocket square down and tuck your shirt in. Actually, get rid of one or the other altogether - the shirt and PS aren't working with each other. Pictures taken in natural light without a flash will also look better--the colors will show up better without the glare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads