• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this pair is great. what are the details of this model? last/leather/soles

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Do they do dainite soles in addition to the vibram?

Nope. They can topy leather soles, but the vibram is the only rugged rubber sole they have.

Originally Posted by Akeem
this pair is great. what are the details of this model? last/leather/soles

I believe it's the NST in cigar shell cordovan with natural soles and goyser welt.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
P2 or Peter? Looks like P2 to me, but I'm not sure.

I may need to order a pair.

Any comments on fit comparing F and P2?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Unfortunately Vass won't do the high boots in shell cordovan anymore. Sad.

I got a pair. I guess I was lucky.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I got a pair. I guess I was lucky.

Bastardo! Yeah, I believe they used to do them, but won't now for whatever reason.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pliny,

Thanks for the great pictures, as always. I was worried initially that the p2 last was too blobby, but i think it strikes a nice balance for this type of shoe, and probably more suitable for the goyser stitching i got on it. Absolutely love the simplicity of yours - might be tempted to get another p2 norweger but in scotchgrain.

Great pics, great looking shoe.

Cheers - I was surprised when I first saw P2 in the flesh as it's not at all blobby IMO. Quite sleek really, and I believe Vass meant it as a first foray into sleeker Italian/English styles - the Cusey post on Vass in AAAC has more about it. I like the simplicity too - I wanted to get a really nice shoe I could wear casually without feeling overdressed, and I think this does it. The Goyser stitching sounds great - did you go contrast colour or try to match it?

Originally Posted by Concordia
Very nice. The original Peter looks even nicer with the Norweger, but you need pretty slim feet to squeeze in.

I'm about due to get a pair almost like these, but in Antik Cognac on the 3636-- which I don't recall seeing done anywhere before. Let's hope!

Cusey reckons the Budapester shows off the Vass Norweger style best, but to me that really would look blobby. Very keen to see it on the 3636, I've been tempted but afraid the fit won't work.

Originally Posted by Akeem
P2 or Peter? Looks like P2 to me, but I'm not sure.

I may need to order a pair.

Any comments on fit comparing F and P2?

The P2 is very similar in fit to the F - just a little wider forward of the heel. When you look at the trees the P2 obviously has more volume all round. The F sole shape is more of an hour glass. The waist on the P2 is not beveled and the heel is broader and a millimetre or two shorter. I don't find the P2 particularly wide. It's just a great round-toed last.

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pliny,

I got natural sole/natural stitching + antique cognac shell.

Regarding Theresianer boots, there is a great example of scotch grain in them for aportnoy somewhere around, just google "Theresianer boot" or something.

I'm tempted also to get another one in scotch grain with no goyser stitching....

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pliny,

I got natural sole/natural stitching + antique cognac shell.

Regarding Theresianer boots, there is a great example of scotch grain in them for aportnoy somewhere around, just google "Theresianer boot" or something.

I'm tempted also to get another one in scotch grain with no goyser stitching....

Another P2 Norweger? I can understand it - I'm really taken with this style - such a solid, well-proportioned shoe. Not fussy, just classic :) Scotchgrain would be awsm, my preference would be for brown scotch grain, or cognac.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone pm me their contact for Vass and current pricing? I don't know if what I have is current.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Concordia
I'm about due to get a pair almost like these, but in Antik Cognac on the 3636-- which I don't recall seeing done anywhere before. Let's hope!

go for it.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pliny
the Budapester shows off the Vass Norweger style best, but to me that really would look blobby. Very keen to see it on the 3636, I've been tempted but afraid the fit won't work.

the shark mouth is rather sharp, imo.

what makes you think that?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads