• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Streetwear belt

SlimJim

Reaction score
what brand should I be looking for? will be wearing with denim

alexanduh

Reaction score
Ask in the ask a question thread.

Mountains

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Streetwear kids love anything tan and poorly made in the US, don't disappoint them.

This one is actually true.

djlukin

Reaction score
Smathers and Branson needlepoint is an absolute essential. Coach makes great, affordable mens belts (in comaprison to Gucci/LV/Ferragamo, etc.)

scourage

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Streetwear kids love anything tan and poorly made in the US, don't disappoint them.

I agree that tan and made in US is the trend. Also agree that people view made in US as a sign of quality which may be false.

Are you suggestion that all the made in US belts that people talk about here are crap. Do we really need to buy 200$ belts from self edge. I don't doubt the quality, my Iron heart jeans and flathead shirt are top notch, but unlucky, hollows leather, zissou and others offer made in us tan leather belts that look like great quality. Also they cost under 100$ most more like 50$. Some made in US belts probably are crap and the belts at self edge seem really great. I think your being tongue in cheek, but this seems to unfairly dismiss some US leather workers who offer what appears to be a good product at a much lower price.

anyway OP those are three names i'd check out.

mikecch

Reaction score
The hand-curried Moser 17oz from our recent Joe Hill belt project with Scott (unlucky) can take on any of the Japanese brand-names, whether it be TFH or RM, any day.
The above 3 mentioned craftsmen do really fantastic work - I wouldn't dismiss them just because their belts don't have the high premium-loaded costs of other brands.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scourage
I agree that tan and made in US is the trend. Also agree that people view made in US as a sign of quality which may be false. Are you suggestion that all the made in US belts that people talk about here are crap. Do we really need to buy 200$ belts from self edge. I don't doubt the quality, my Iron heart jeans and flathead shirt are top notch, but unlucky, hollows leather, zissou and others offer made in us tan leather belts that look like great quality. Also they cost under 100$ most more like 50$. Some made in US belts probably are crap and the belts at self edge seem really great. I think your being tongue in cheek, but this seems to unfairly dismiss some US leather workers who offer what appears to be a good product at a much lower price. anyway OP those are three names i'd check out.
couldnt agree more. anyone can make an expensive belt ... the real trick is finding someone with the skills to make a decent product (although belt making in and of itself is not rocket science), sourcing fine materials and then getting them to the consumer for a decent price and the us has many.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a belt from zissou and have been very, very happy with it. I've had it for ~6-7 months or so and it's starting to age nicely.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads