• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ambrosi Napoli

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Apparently, he takes me and Nay for suckers.

Salvatore, answer my e-mails or pick-up the phone so I don't have to air everything out on the internet.

don't do that. just take a deep breath, step away from the computer and solve this outside of the internet. Look, you guys know going in about the delays, they may have gotten worse but the guy is trying to build a larger business within the realm of a very personalised service. There will be growing pains and if you really like the pants, then just order what you want and realize that it will take a while before you get them. In terms of communications, it sounds like he could do a better job but it also sounds like they are incredibly busy. he's going through some growing pains, if you like the guy and you like the product and he's never done wrong by you, give him a bit of a break.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ed, at times you can be unreasonably reasonable...
blush.gif

I'm in Naples next Friday and will visit with Salvatore to take delivery of my two pairs. I will attempt to (a) actually take delivery, and (b) express some of the SF frustration in this and other threads.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Look, you guys know going in about the delays, they may have gotten worse but the guy is trying to build a larger business within the realm of a very personalised service. There will be growing pains and if you really like the pants, then just order what you want and realize that it will take a while before you get them. In terms of communications, it sounds like he could do a better job but it also sounds like they are incredibly busy. he's going through some growing pains, if you like the guy and you like the product and he's never done wrong by you, give him a bit of a break.

Sorry, but it's not my job to subsidize anybody's growing business. It's ridiculous to expect customers to accept non-delivery of goods or otherwise subpar service because you want to make more money. Tailors are no exception. I did not sign-up to be his creditor.

And you've got to be kidding about giving him a break. You forget that I'm a regular, longstanding client and did more than most to publicize him in the first place. You guys get way too over-protective of people in the business.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't think he is looking to you and whnay to subsidize his business anymore than he was looking for you to market his business.

Look, you clearly don't understand my dealings or relationship with him, so maybe it would be best for you to step outside of this discussion. I have never hidden the fact that many of the pictures I post and much of the information I give is specifically on his request--so yes, he has leaned on me to 'market' him. I don't want to publicly discuss more than I need to, but you're forcing my hand by making me refute you.

I don't think anyone should be protected if they are providing ****** service but I don't understand how he goes from being your friend etc to you cyberbullying him. I guess I am being overly sensitive given my obvious bias but I don't like when these one man shops (I know Ambrosi is not a small one man shop) get bullied/threatened on this forum, just work something out with the guy and if it does not work out like you think it should, then mention on here that you will no longer be doing business with him due to his bad service.

Yes, it's quite evident you are biased.

sellahi22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Sorry, but it's not my job to subsidize anybody's growing business. It's ridiculous to expect customers to accept non-delivery of goods or otherwise subpar service because you want to make more money. Tailors are no exception. I did not sign-up to be his creditor.

And you've got to be kidding about giving him a break. You forget that I'm a regular, longstanding client and did more than most to publicize him in the first place. You guys get way too over-protective of people in the business.

+100.

If you google Ambrosi + Trousers, you'll see that the entire first page is results from SF, the LL, or blogs of posters from SF/LL. Ambrosi has clearly gotten a ton of internet exposure due to his early internet clients, so it's ungrateful and frankly disgraceful that he's giving you guys the shaft so he can expand his RTW line in Korea or whatever.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I just got my two pairs a few weeks ago and even though the wait will be long, I'm ready to order some more from him.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^^ The pants are fantastic--really, beyond fantastic. It's hard to look at trouser the same way after wearing them, actually.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
Ed, at times you can be unreasonably reasonable...
blush.gif

I'm in Naples next Friday and will visit with Salvatore to take delivery of my two pairs. I will attempt to (a) actually take delivery, and (b) express some of the SF frustration in this and other threads.

He hasnt returned an email of mine in 3 months. If you dont mind please tell him to send my stuff.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
He hasnt returned an email of mine in 3 months. If you dont mind please tell him to send my stuff.

No probs - shoot me the details on PM, as this will serve as my reminder.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I was at my wit's end not long ago and was talked off the ledge (^ ahem) by other members who have shared my frustrations. Salvatore will come through. Why he is uncommunicative, slow, and ... not always forthcoming is a mystery. But he's not a crook.

nixon-crook.jpg

emptym

Reaction score
I'm not too worried either. Maybe my familiarity with "Filipino time" has me well-acclimated to delays. That said, it is a little irritating, particularly since I gave him some sample pants that I've wanted to wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads