• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My application for being Jet Li's PA

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
My brother's friend is working as a recruiter in finding a new PA for Jet Li to assist him with charity work and help him on-sets. I figured I might as well try, right?

"Dear Mr. xxxx,

I am writing to inform you of my availability to fill the position of Jet Li's personal assistant.

This is quite good news for Mr. Li, because there are not many people in China with my experience and capabilities:

- I have excellent interpersonal communication skills, fluent in Mandarin Chinese
- I am personable and good at getting-along with all kinds of people. This is especially important for Jet Li, who hasn't smiled since the 12th scene of "Once Upon a Time in China" when he meets that one girl.
- With my dynamic skills and diligent work ethic, I get things done quickly. This is demonstrated by my succint cover letter, as opposed to the many other cover letters you didn't have time to read.
- At the end of my work contract, I will betray Mr. Li and fight him to the death in a Japanese temple. His soft Wu Shu will be no match for my hard Karate style.

Thank you for your consideration, I can be reached at this email address xxxxxxxxxx or by phone at xxxxxxxx

Sincerely,
xxxxxxxx"

scourage

Reaction score
is this for real?

love it! definitely will stand out. probably won't get the job but at least they might be hooked and want to know more instead of being bored before they even finish

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Yeah, it's for real. As I said, my brother actually knows the guy (ex-wushu competitor) and said if I actually wanted the job, he'd give him a call. Still though, I don't think I would actually want the job unless the pay was amazing. Being a personal assistant must suck- I like having time to do things like work out, have friends, bang girls/things that look like girls, or squeeze in 8 hours of sleep.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is your Mandarin really that fluent?

BTW, I read that he lives in Singapore now. Or at least has citizenship there.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
you can make jet join sf

X_X

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
My brother's friend is working as a recruiter in finding a new PA for Jet Li to assist him with charity work and help him on-sets. I figured I might as well try, right? "Dear Mr. xxxx, I am writing to inform you of my availability to fill the position of Jet Li's personal assistant. This is quite good news for Mr. Li, because there are not many people in China with my experience and capabilities: - I have excellent interpersonal communication skills, fluent in Mandarin Chinese - I am personable and good at getting-along with all kinds of people. This is especially important for Jet Li, who hasn't smiled since the 12th scene of "Once Upon a Time in China" when he meets that one girl. - With my dynamic skills and diligent work ethic, I get things done quickly. This is demonstrated by my succint cover letter, as opposed to the many other cover letters you didn't have time to read. - At the end of my work contract, I will betray Mr. Li and fight him to the death in a Japanese temple. His soft Wu Shu will be no match for my hard Karate style. Thank you for your consideration, I can be reached at this email address xxxxxxxxxx or by phone at xxxxxxxx Sincerely, xxxxxxxx"
Well done sir
worship.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Is your Mandarin really that fluent?

BTW, I read that he lives in Singapore now. Or at least has citizenship there.

Yup, went from not that good about 9 months ago to fluent as a result of living on my own and most of my friends not speaking English.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by acidboy
you can make jet join sf

He's small, I'm sure he has a lot of his clothes made bespoke. If not, he should.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ looks like he buys/orders a lot of stuff from shanghai tang

Miha28

Reaction score
Haha it stands out from the rest of the applicants I believe.

Keep us posted how it turns out!

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You do realize that he'll need to test you in hand-to-hand combat as the final part of your interview, right?

In order to truly know someone, you must fight him.

In all seriousness, though, being a PA sucks ballsack. You're basically a moderately paid slave. But the upside can be quite good, depending on whom you're slaving for. If Jet Li has a production company, for instance, the PA path is probably a decent road to eventually landing a cushy job there as an exec. Plenty of my friends in LA subjected themselves to the unique rung of hell that is being an actor's or director's PA, and those who survived are now VPs at studios and production houses. It's about four years of abject misery, followed by a lifetime of reward.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I don't think I could give up 4 of the prime years of my life, especially since it isn't even a job/career I'd enjoy... Well, it never hurts to have options.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't someone like Jet Li have groupies?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
These are the job responsibilities:

Serve as primary communication bridge between Jet and various personal and business relations; Arrange travel and
scheduling; Maintain personal and business accounts; Execute public relations strategies; Review and prepare film
production materials.

Responsibilities also include maintaining relationships and partnerships with multinational corporations, government
and religious dignitaries, and media/film/public relations entities in the USA, Europe, and Asia.

Candidate must be willing to travel with Jet, often at short notice and potentially for long durations, and must bring
great organizational skills and a flexible attitude. With disaster relief as one of the foundation's focus areas, travel to
harsh and inconvenient locations may sometimes be required. During film productions, the candidate will accompany
Jet on set and will gain hands-on production-related experience.

I don't know if groupies can do that for him.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
uh you should do that job. that job is awesome. **** being some lame ass asian gym teacher.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Why don't you do the job then, lame ass 'murkan student.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads