• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The level of flake buyers has continued to increase exponentially (maybe westside can graph this trend for me on his new TI-83?) around this place. WTF has happened? In the past month I have now had two people pay and then get back to me apologizing and asking for a refund. Then there have been a few who have committed to buying, asked for my paypal, then PM me again to change their mind.
facepalm.gif

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im glad i havent had to do a sale thread in a while..
confused.gif

i turned a friend of mine on to my clothing who pays fairly for what I pass on and it's an awesome luxury..(0)

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
confused.gif

i turned a friend of mine on to my clothing who pays fairly for what I pass on and it's an awesome luxury..(0)

Consider yourself, lucky. If my friends cared as much about clothes and shared my size, that would be great.

I swear members must think I'm running a retail store or something as I've been asked about return/refund policies too. I guess I can't blame them so much for asking to be fully informed, but man it is frustrating.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
confused.gif

Wish I had a bunch of friends I could sell stuff to. Selling clothes is hell

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the past month I have now had two people pay and then get back to me apologizing and asking for a refund.

assuming the items were accurately represented and it was a smooth transaction this would be a major no-go for me..

i go through great lengths to photo and measure things to avoid **** like that.

edit; i misread but now see what you're saying and that would just be f'ing annoying, and a major sellers dilemma..75% refund for time wasted.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sale thread I've had the past couple weeks has been pretty successful
laugh.gif
Just gotta get rid of my damn MMMs so I can re-kop and I'll be happy

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im too nice, I let someone buy my jcrew jacket and later ask that I not ship it yet because he wanted to go to a store and try on an XS before commiting, and apparently it ended up fitting better but they didnt have the right color anyways. He still asked for a refund
lol8[1].gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^the one where you can see your toes in every pic?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
assuming the items were accurately represented and it was a smooth transaction this would be a major no-go for me..

i go through great lengths to photo and measure things to avoid **** like that.

Before shipping them I mean. "Hey, I'll take this/these" and then "Hey, OMG, I'm so sorry, it's not like me, but I've changed my mind, can I get a refund?".

If all was as disclosed and goods are received yeah no go for me either. I have had someone aske me for a refund after receiving goods without having any issues with the item, just not sure, didn't fit or something to which I denied nicely.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
Wish I had a bunch of friends I could sell stuff to. Selling clothes is hell
it's not the worst thing in the world.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It kind of is. I might be out $100 or so cause ***** at the post office said I could track to Canada with priority intl customs number but I can't with the number I got. Shipped on 4th and dude said he hasn't gotten it yet, and he's moving back home to the US in a week. So right now I have no clue as to what's going on--whether it's lost, he got it but isn't telling me (I don't think this is the case at all though), or if it'll be there late or whatever. Bleh

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^the one where you can see your toes in every pic?
Yep. It must have worked.
Originally Posted by g transistor
It kind of is. I might be out $100 or so cause ***** at the post office said I could track to Canada with priority intl customs number but I can't with the number I got. Shipped on 4th and dude said he hasn't gotten it yet, and he's moving back home to the US in a week. So right now I have no clue as to what's going on--whether it's lost, he got it but isn't telling me (I don't think this is the case at all though), or if it'll be there late or whatever. Bleh
Lol dude should have just waited til he moved back for you to ship it, why would he want to receive something if he was in the middle of moving? I've had first class shipping take two weeks before, but that's getting pretty silly for priority

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Playing dress-up is fun. I'm all bro'd out today. Sapporo crew-neck T, Jack & Jones destroyed relaxed fit jeans (I dated a girl who owned a denim factory in Guang Dong, they were a gift from her), and white chucks. I need to buy some flip-flops to really hit my stride, though.

edit: almost forgot to put on my ray-ban aviators. Later neeeeeeerds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads