• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

janne melkersson

Reaction score
bengal,
yea, to bad but you got a point there. I ask my wife to make some trad swedish meatballs instaed to be on the safe side
laugh.gif

Hey, welcome to my shop next month

iyorito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gazman70k
Agreed.

If I may clarify, when you refer to Lobb, I presume you mean John Lobb Paris. If this is the case, as with Corthay and Aubercy, the designers are French. Specifically, they represent a far more progressive French or continental approach to shoe design than say the traditional English shoe design, West End or otherwise.

Perhaps a better way of looking at this is that the G&G design within the context of English shoemaking is a little more progressive. They are closer to what Anthony Cleverley was making when he was alive. His design was characterised by a sharper, narrower last that is sleeker due to the use of a blind welt (thanks Teemu for this bit of information). You can of course find this with the Anthony Cleverley RTW range as well.

My 2 cents, based on spending a week talking shop with William and John Hunter Lobb, Teemu-Pekka Leppanen, Emiko Matsuda and, of course Tony.

Emiko is beautiful isn't she? I'd take her over any fxxking shoes if you ask me.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iyorito
Emiko is beautiful isn't she? I'd take her over any fxxking shoes if you ask me.

lol

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iyorito

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

She is a wonderful person and very impressed with her knowledge of the craft. Being trained by Terry Moore is also a huge plus!

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just think of it as good for the soul, or shoe karma. You'll wear them and they'll stretch, and the fit will become like a second skin.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Too tight, or tight but wearable? Either way, you can have a cobbler try to stretch them a bit... or thinner socks...
Speaking of thinner socks, anyone have any recs? I have always used Pantharella as my thin socks, as I have found Marcoliani to be entirely too thick, but I would be open to more ideas. Also, lovin the shoes spoo.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Too tight, or tight but wearable? Either way, you can have a cobbler try to stretch them a bit... or thinner socks...
Lengthwise, perfect. Width on the right foot is slim, but I know will break in over a few wears. Left foot, my pinky toe is still throbbing, walking with a slight limp at the end of the day. Gotta figure that out as I dont want to get rid of these...
ffffuuuu.gif
And the strange thing is that I am a US 9.5, pretty much perfect across the board. These are labeled a 9.5D...and G&G is always UK size tagged, right?
Originally Posted by Newcomer
Speaking of thinner socks, anyone have any recs? I have always used Pantharella as my thin socks, as I have found Marcoliani to be entirely too thick, but I would be open to more ideas. Also, lovin the shoes spoo.
Polo makes thin socks.
Socks are Pantharella.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get em stretched... cobblers have little thingamajigs they put in where it's rubbing to make a bit of room.

That could take time! My suggestion: It's time for a toe amputation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads