• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cahrin
Kinda jealous of all you guys finding steals at the Eaton Center CM. I'm in there every time I'm down there and never find anything good
frown.gif

Yorkville location has some nice stuffs on sale too, SA mentioned it's now also a flagship store along with the Eaton one.

reezy

Reaction score
Picked up a nice slim fit shirt today for 50 bucks. Hurray for student discounts and sales.
The shirt kinda reminds me of the W+H dungaree shirts.
biggrin.gif

reezy

Reaction score
For all the Toronto people, the club monaco in Yorkdale closed off their men section so it's all women until they open the new location on the other side of the mall.

The sale associate said it will open in 2 years? o_O! I'm pretty sure i misheard but i was in rush and didn't ask again. I was thinking he meant 2 months. Anyone know?

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reezy
For all the Toronto people, the club monaco in Yorkdale closed off their men section so it's all women until they open the new location on the other side of the mall.

The sale associate said it will open in 2 years? o_O! I'm pretty sure i misheard but i was in rush and didn't ask again. I was thinking he meant 2 months. Anyone know?

Should be 2 months, 2 years is a bit extreme lol

malaujai

Reaction score
how much are the slim chinos? Thinking if I should make a trip out or not... The CM site...
censored.gif

Rangoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
No you're missing the point.
facepalm.gif

You're talking about general discounts such as sale items. I'm talking about two percentage type discounts- Which is completely different. Of course you can use the student discount on sale items, no matter how many times they've been discounted. On the other hand - I can't remember ever seeing a store allow customers to stack two percentage type discounts together, like we're talking about here.

This isn't the way it works at CM generally....they consider their student discount a pretty standard add-on, hardly a special big % sale. Just to be sure, I checked in with their corporate folks this morning and they said you can. 100% confirmed; I even have the e-mail.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
CM's "clean cotton chino" are on sale at $49 from $69.

Anybody try these? How's the fit? Quality?

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rangoe
This isn't the way it works at CM generally....they consider their student discount a pretty standard add-on, hardly a special big % sale. Just to be sure, I checked in with their corporate folks this morning and they said you can. 100% confirmed; I even have the e-mail.

hmm, I'm curious how they stack them then. Did they say? 20+15 for a 35% discount at once? Or something like 20% off the purchase and then 15% off of whats left after the first discount (ex- if you spend $100, $80 is left after the 20% so then another 15% off makes $68)

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by malaujai
how much are the slim chinos? Thinking if I should make a trip out or not... The CM site...
censored.gif

I think they're $49. Don't know how slim they are though.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
CM's "clean cotton chino" are on sale at $49 from $69.

Anybody try these? How's the fit? Quality?

just tried some on the other day... decently slim and low-ish rise. Not as slim as W+H or UNIS Gio, but slimmer than most (including the CM chinos I've tried on in the past). If I had to guess- I'd say the 30s I tried on were probably 7.5hem and 10ish rise?

MinnesotaNice

Reaction score
just tried some on the other day... decently slim and low-ish rise. Not as slim as W+H or UNIS Gio, but slimmer than most (including the CM chinos I've tried on in the past). If I had to guess- I'd say the 30s I tried on were probably 7.5hem and 10ish rise?

Definitely not super slim, but I really like how they fit nonetheless. My 28s have a 8" hem. Actual measurement is 15.5" across the waist.

Rangoe

Reaction score
hmm, I'm curious how they stack them then. Did they say? 20+15 for a 35% discount at once? Or something like 20% off the purchase and then 15% off of whats left after the first discount (ex- if you spend $100, $80 is left after the 20% so then another 15% off makes $68)

Not sure...how they phrased it was, "you can use them together". I sort of interpreted that as 35% straight off, but am really not sure. I'll probably buy a few things (that leather windbreaker they have on the site looks great), so I'll let you guys know...

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Briefly stepped into a store today and checked out their slim chinos. I didn't try them on, but they didn't look all slim to me, at least judging by the leg opening. Has anyone tried them on and know how they fit? Someone here said you have to size down, but by how many sizes?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why didn't you just try them on since you were in the store? I tried on some of their slim chinos a year ago so not sure the sizing would be the same but I went down 2 sizes from a 33 to a 31 and it fit slim on me. I'd say the leg opening was 8".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads