• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vicodin and a glass of wine

alexwgoody

Reaction score
Hey, so I have to take vicodin after being hit by a car a few weeks ago to dull the pain in my neck, and tonight happens to be passover. I will be attending a sedar and am wondering if it is alright to have 1 or 2 glasses of wine. When the sedar starts it will have been about 4 hours since I took the pill. I am 5'11 165lbs if that helps. I have no intention of getting drunk or anything, but It is a holiday and a glass of wine is definitely a part of the sedar. A lot of what I find on google is about drinking a lot and not very helpful.

alexwgoody

Reaction score
Yes, about mixing them.I have no plan to drive, I just don't want to end surprisingly drunk from 1 glass or not feeling well. I've never had to take vicodin before and am a little concerned

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alexwgoody
Yes, about mixing them.I have no plan to drive, I just don't want to end surprisingly drunk from 1 glass or not feeling well. I've never had to take vicodin before and am a little concerned

Wait, why is this undesirable?

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alexwgoody

You will feel multiplied effects so just take it slow. I doubt you won't be able to handle it just drink real slow.

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
you'll be fine.

I prefer to mix the two (in the very rare occasions I get vicodin from the doctor)

alexwgoody

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie

I don't really want to make a fool of myself in front of the rabbi. I'm actually starting a business and am trying to get some support from him so I'll be chatting him up all night and can't really be drunk for that

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think Vicodin are tablets and not capsules, right?

Why don't you try 1/2 a tablet, if you are drinking some wine, and see if the pain is handled.

If it is, no more Vicodin needed.

Thebomb85019

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie

The acetaminophen in Vicodin does not go well with alcohol (hence why people take ibuprofen for hangovers instead of tylenol). If you can, I would avoid it or take some Advil instead.

animeman05

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bwonger06
The acetaminophen in Vicodin does not go well with alcohol (hence why people take ibuprofen for hangovers instead of tylenol). If you can, I would avoid it or take some Advil instead.

This is normally the convention because acetaminophen adds to liver damage of a hard night of drinking and, to my knowledge, has nothing to do with strange drug interactions. However, you might want to double-check.

In your position I would only drink a single glass of wine and continue to take the requisite medication. Also, how much alcohol can Manischewitz possibly have?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
There are actually some really well-made kosher wines marketed for Passover now. It's not all Manishevitz.

alexwgoody

Reaction score
It always ends up being Manischewitz, but anyway. I had 2 glasses and felt way too much for just the 2, but I feel fine now, I feel like if I had much more I'd have gotten **** faced

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
white_mortar_and_pestle_4_inch.jpg

+

Nose%283%29.jpg

+

wine-glass-pour.jpg

+

question-mark.jpg

=

Profits_b.png

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad everythng turned out ok. But I'd ask my doctor or pharmacist next time.

beaconshome

Reaction score
I remember when I was in the hospital and had 8 vicodin in one day! It was great. I would do anything to get my hands on some vicodin right now and od on that with my antidepressants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics