• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Brand makes the lightest or most breathable underwear?

amdovers

Reaction score
Hi, I´m looking for high quality, highly breathable men´s underwear for tropical climate or for a very active lifestyle. I don´t like sweating profusely in the summer so I really need this kind of underwear. Which would be the best fabric for this kind of extra transpirable & light underwear I´m looking for? What brands are the best for this in the market? What kind of underwear would be: kind of shape & cut? Maybe it helps you if you picture that this underwear would be worn for climbing a hill or for walking fast in a sunny day for 30-45 minutes...

Loudly

Reaction score
This may be a controversial pick, but I'd say one of the thinner Icebreaker offerings.

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wintersilks full cut briefs.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Im in a similar situation - I sweat profusely (yuck) and am in warm, tropical central Florida.

You want underwear made out of "sports tech" material, not cotton.

Underarmor makes armorjocks that at about $20 a pop, aren't cheap. Also, they're sizing is by 2", so if you're an inbetweener like me, they are too lose.

Nike makes some dri-fit compression type underwear for sports that can work.

But the best cost/performance that I've found so far are at Target - they have an in-house C9 line that you can get for about $9 a pair. They come in different lengths: brief, short, long and they recently added perforations to them in the pouch area.

Note that the C9 line also has cotton based ones in 2 or 3 packs - those are not what I'm talking about. You want the mostly poly stretchy tech stuff. I went on their website to try and get a link but can't really tell online - in the store you can definitely tell the difference between the cotton and the tech stuff.

Loudly

Reaction score
In my experience, merino wool tends to stay "fresher" longer than tech fabrics. Agree that it's best to stay away from cotton.

Originally Posted by razl
Im in a similar situation - I sweat profusely (yuck) and am in warm, tropical central Florida.

You want underwear made out of "sports tech" material, not cotton.

Underarmor makes armorjocks that at about $20 a pop, aren't cheap. Also, they're sizing is by 2", so if you're an inbetweener like me, they are too lose.

Nike makes some dri-fit compression type underwear for sports that can work.

But the best cost/performance that I've found so far are at Target - they have an in-house C9 line that you can get for about $9 a pair. They come in different lengths: brief, short, long and they recently added perforations to them in the pouch area.

Note that the C9 line also has cotton based ones in 2 or 3 packs - those are not what I'm talking about. You want the mostly poly stretchy tech stuff. I went on their website to try and get a link but can't really tell online - in the store you can definitely tell the difference between the cotton and the tech stuff.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
im sure International Male offers some wonderful briefs and undershirts in mesh.

Steve Thomas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
im sure International Male offers some wonderful briefs and undershirts in mesh.

I actually snorted at my desk. Now will someone please bring back Chess King and Merry Go Round!

amdovers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve Thomas
I actually snorted at my desk. Now will someone please bring back Chess King and Merry Go Round!

what do you mean you snorted?

amdovers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NotoriousMarquis
Sunspel makes famously light underwear.

Originally Posted by michaelvl
I can highly recommend Falke sport summer underwear.

but are they the lightest and most breathable?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads