• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
That's news to me. I've never seen founders in 750s

Speaking of which has anyone had Founders Backwoods Bastard? I've had Dirty Bastard and am really curious about Backwoods. I've never even seen it for sale.

BB is a November - December release. Its pretty boozy when fresh and I think it needs some cellar time.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I managed to score two more bottles of GI's Big John with the intention of holdong onto for a bit. Can anyone give me some specifics about this release? Is this the first year it's been released? Does anyone know just how limited it is? I'm assuming that since I was able to get three bottles of it (drank one
laugh.gif
) that it's not as limited as say Founder's KBS, or is that due to it being a new offering? I ask all this as I'm starting cellar notes for the beer I have and intend to add.

Cheers in advance!

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
So I managed to score two more bottles of GI's Big John with the intention of holdong onto for a bit. Can anyone give me some specifics about this release? Is this the first year it's been released? Does anyone know just how limited it is? I'm assuming that since I was able to get three bottles of it (drank one
laugh.gif
) that it's not as limited as say Founder's KBS, or is that due to it being a new offering? I ask all this as I'm starting cellar notes for the beer I have and intend to add.

Cheers in advance!

It is a limited release this is the first time it's been produced, I think the fact that it isn't barrel aged might be the reason people aren't going super ape **** over it, but that still doesn't mean it's not tasty. I think the production yield was just about as much as Bourbon County Vanilla, so you are looking at about 11,000 bottles or so...

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
It is a limited release this is the first time it's been produced, I think the fact that it isn't barrel aged might be the reason people aren't going super ape **** over it, but that still doesn't mean it's not tasty. I think the production yield was just about as much as Bourbon County Vanilla, so you are looking at about 11,000 bottles or so...

Cheer Tooch! I appreciate the info! I see what you are saying about it not being barrel aged being a popularity reducer but you are right it is very tasty! Marion Street only got a case, which they did not put out on the shelves but kept in back for those who asked about it...like me who aske three times
laugh.gif

I also asked about the Firestone and he thinks they should get some but doesn't know just how much or when but I'll PM you when/if I hear anything.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321

need to find this. also need to find barrel 4D, which is impossible. i feel like i'm bilbo baggins.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Pand, where are you getting all this awesome beer? I am slowly and reluctantly starting to get into the beer world. All I really know though is the shop I work at and the Binny's that used to be Sam's (RIP) on North&Clybourn.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Pand, where are you getting all this awesome beer? I am slowly and reluctantly starting to get into the beer world. All I really know though is the shop I work at and the Binny's that used to be Sam's (RIP) on North&Clybourn.

get back into the cigar world, my friend.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
get back into the cigar world, my friend.

I still smoke every now and then. But I don't smoke in my apartment, and after working 10 hours a day, I don't awnt to have to sit outside for another 90+ minutes for a stogie. I rock out a cigar or two every weekend though.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
need to find this. also need to find barrel 4D, which is impossible. i feel like i'm bilbo baggins.

I have a bottle of Big John for you, so don't worry about it. I saw cases of this stuff in Madison and Minneapolis this past weekend. I also came across some cases of Hopslam on sale and a few other past New Glarus Unplugged releases that where sitting in the coolers at Steve's. You need to be finding my precious BA 4D, Bilbo Baggins!

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alrighty, here is a list of stores for you to check out:

West Lakeview Liquors
Lush Wine & Spirits (3 locations)
Armanetti's on Grand & Western and Lincoln just south of Addison
Noble Grape
Binny's South Loop
Warehouse Liquors
Danny's on Western
D&D
Archer Liquors

If you can't find anything at any of these stores then you should just give up!

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Interesting. I can hit up West Lakeview and Noble Grape on my way home. West Lakeview is like 5 blocks from where I work and NG 5 blocks from where I live.

Do these shops have staff that are willing to answer stupid questions from noobs?
redface.gif

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I can hit up West Lakeview and Noble Grape on my way home. West Lakeview is like 5 blocks from where I work and NG 5 blocks from where I live.

Do these shops have staff that are willing to answer stupid questions from noobs?
redface.gif

Yes, they do and Lush is also about 2 doors down from Noble Grape and everyone is willing to help you out all you have to do is ask.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

redface.gif

wait a second. when did you move back to chicago. recently? weren't you in CA for a while.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Thanks Tooch
wait a second. when did you move back to chicago. recently? weren't you in CA for a while.

I was in CA, but only for 9 months. Iammatt told me to GTFO of his state so I did. Moved back here in May of 2010. Hopefully only here til June 2012.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads