• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Other should or shouldn't I: More Geller I've sorta grapled with this before, I guess I just don't know. I have enough margiela / raf / jil / dries I dont really need any more Belgians (cept Schneider :love: :love
smile.gif
and even then, I sorta have plenty anyway. I wear some darker rougher stuff from time to time and I guess I sorta like the Geller aesthetic. Sway me one way or the other?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, I've seen alot of the Seiko work before. I dont mind it. The one diver I really liked from Seiko was way too huge on me, thick as ****.

Watch rotation as it stands

Vintage Early 60's Omega Seamaster, Brushed Steel with Cyclops Date
Vintage Mid 90's Omega Speedmater Automatic, Hesalite Crystal
Vintage Early 70's Seiko 5 - Orginial Mineral Crystal and a Black / Grey Nato Band (Grandfathers Watch, Love this thing)

I want a Speedmaster Pro, a dress watch and something like above, obviously not in that order.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the username is harold or yobokies depending on what time fourm youre visisting.

http://www.yobokies.com/

thats the photobucket site where you can check out the work hes done.

if you search on timezone for a seiko mod, a lot will come up as "seiko by harold/yobokies"

hes been doing it for a while. ive never ordered from him tho

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Branding on seavees ruins them, IMO. Actually, I can't think of a pair of seavees that doesn't pretty much suck. Would rather wear superga, spring court, etc.

Re: McNairy shoes, if you're looking for the type of shoes he tends to make (like red sole bucks, crepe sole longwings; informal shoes on unsleek lasts) you could do a lot worse than his shoes, which are quite well made, if not C+J handgrade level. I can understand the disappointment in the new WWM stuff but there are zero quality issues with any McNairy clothing or shoes. Next fall get ready to see a few more brands using Sanders for their kicks.

scott.m has some sort of grudge here that I don't get

I just feel like "mcNasty" seems like an asshole. Mark needs to grow up and take the supreme fitted off. I more have distaste towards him as a person. The shoes felt fine quality wise, they were just incredibly dainty from when I tried them on.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see alot of post punk (Robert Smith :love: ) in his work, and depending on how it's styled can be darker and moody, some grunge elements I enjoy too. That's what I mean. I think 'dark' has come to equal Rick / CCP / Julius / Derevitives there of and I dont really want to wear that stuff, except for shoes and belts.

My color palette would work pretty well with it IMO, I'm all grey / charcoal / black / navy

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
that schneider coat is sweet, seems a bit odd in your wardrobe though NN but I could see you moving in that direction, wouldn't be hard.
n. hoolywood actually, want a longer linen/cotton jacket for summer with some color
2larf2q.jpg
or a beige trench are the other choices.. paired with this hat
NzDXRl.jpg
white v-neck, and this on the bottom half.
QEu6R.jpg
60E23.jpg
I'm happy with my fall wardrobe, wanna mix things up in the summer, rather than wearing GATs, club monaco jersey shorts, and uni-qlo vnecks every day like last summer..

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also I'm probably going to get Ann d jewellery, a necklace, bracelet, this nice pinned feather im looking at

dogboots

Reaction score
Going to get another pair of shoes. Deciding between 2 pairs. Oxfords wingtip
1658nm.jpg
or
11628-p-2x.jpg
I'm going to have it custom made to fit me and can only afford one. The Wingtipped Oxfords on top is a sample work. I'm going to be wearing these 99% of the time with jeans(mostly denim). as my activities do not permit me to wear wool trousers. A little direction would be greatly appreciated.
smile.gif

Knisse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dogboots
Going to get another pair of shoes. Deciding between 2 pairs.

Oxfords wingtip

pg[/img]

I'm going to have it custom made to fit me and can only afford one. The Wingtipped Oxfords on top is a sample work.
I'm going to be wearing these 99% of the time with jeans(mostly denim). as my activities do not permit me to wear wool trousers.

A little direction would be greatly appreciated.
smile.gif

Pretty much impossible to compare these two.. They are so different, it all depends on what your wardrobe consists of and which way you want to go.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hammered lamb. sleeves measure over 27" though.
confused.gif

Tr6aE.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads