• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I already forgot how long the laces are but instead of tucking them you should just wrap them around the shoe. Looks better if you ask me (just wear them in an appropriate fit next time).

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
nameback, dont you hate tucking your laces into you sneakers?!!? it bothers me when im stepping on the lace
laugh.gif

Haha, nah, it doesn't bother me but I actually tuck the laces in above my foot, under the tongue, usually.

Anyway, thanks to all who commented, got a lot of good advice on this one. I feel like I know I'm on the right track if only because people bothered to comment on it.
laugh.gif

In retrospect, I agree that the blazer is too formal for the rest of it. I was sort of hoping the monochrome aspect with untucked shirt, buttoned-to-the-top would make feel more SW&D, but the top half is still too formal.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking at Nameback again, not at 3 in the morning or whatever when I was half asleep: I hate Lanvin shoes. Those KVAs are dope and could work with a certain kind of blazer. Not sure I'm sold on that shirt, is that black chambray or just a heathered-ish charcoal shirt? the length/hem and is somewhat throwing things off, a tuck may be advisable although there are bigger problems here. The blazer is very structured which is partly problematic, but actually IMO it's the length that makes it hard to work with the rest of the fit, which is steering toward fashion-casual. A long blazer just doesn't look right with skinny fashiony stuff to me, especially if you're doing the ****** crazy lace KVA thang down south. The exception, as shah sort of said, is more relaxed/oversized and/or drapey stuff, but that's something you have to commit to and not a direction I see you going in atm.

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I already forgot how long the laces are but instead of tucking them you should just wrap them around the shoe. Looks better if you ask me (just wear them in an appropriate fit next time).

Sometimes I tuck, sometimes I tie.

It really depends mostly on how much time I have; it's a bit of a hassle to actually sit down and properly tie the damn things. It's not a quick process.
laugh.gif

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Looking at Nameback again, not at 3 in the morning or whatever when I was half asleep: I hate Lanvin shoes. Those KVAs are dope and could work with a certain kind of blazer. Not sure I'm sold on that shirt, is that black chambray or just a heathered-ish charcoal shirt? the length/hem and is somewhat throwing things off, a tuck may be advisable although there are bigger problems here. The blazer is very structured which is partly problematic, but actually IMO it's the length that makes it hard to work with the rest of the fit, which is steering toward fashion-casual. A long blazer just doesn't look right with skinny fashiony stuff to me, especially if you're doing the ****** crazy lace KVA thang down south. The exception, as shah sort of said, is more relaxed/oversized and/or drapey stuff, but that's something you have to commit to and not a direction I see you going in atm.
Other than the hate for Lanvin shoes I think I'm pretty much with you on this. Oh, and yes it's a dark grey chambray. Not moving in a drapey direction, length of blazer is probably the most incongruous thing about it, etc. I will definitely try again, and often; I love these KVAs and I'm going to keep at it until my fits justify them. Plus black girls in DC freakin' love them. Lots of compliments from the sistas.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the only context I can ever imagine liking Lanvin's is an Undercover-ish, techy or hypebeasty type fit/aesthetic etc. Look waay too shiny/polished/futuristic luxe whatever for anything else IMO.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
I just don't get why anyone at his age would give a **** when there's so much more important stuff to spend the small sum of money on that a kid his age would have, though I'm gonna save the headache of discussing y assumptions about kid.

Excuse any awful typing as I'm halfdead tired and on an iPhone.

I'm usually never bothered by your posts, but who are you to dictate what's "important." Yah, I agree he should spent less time on the net, but where are you getting all this info from? Dunno if I didnt read something relevant, but let the kid be. At least he's not putting all that money into drugs and alcohol, and is channeling his energy more positively, imo.

this is coming from someone who chose the former over the latter. I'd say its his and his parents problem. Dude will grow up with mad steez, or who knows he might even get tired of it all, and find a new hobby.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
the only context I can ever imagine liking Lanvin's is an Undercover-ish, techy or hypebeasty type fit/aesthetic etc. Look waay too shiny/polished/futuristic luxe whatever for anything else IMO.
Is this meme coming from people who have never seen the damned things in person? Like everyone seems to think they're super directional. I have 4 pairs; they look like... sneakers. Nice sneakers, sort of noticeable, but Rafs they ain't. Unless you're rocking SQ's metallic blue captoe ones the majority of Lanvins out there aren't even eye-catching.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
is that coffee or rum in your imaginary cup

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
mondays...
KCRJNl.jpg

???/APC/Margiela? Looks great, as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads