• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like everything about this outfit except the pocket square. The white and red seem too stark where the other colors are subtle fall tones. How about a patterned muted burgundy or muted green to compliment the jacket?

That white with red PS will be perfect with a blue blazer and white or blue shirt.

Originally Posted by macaroni
IMG_4075copy.jpg

beansach

Reaction score
Your friday afternoon shoes look great for around campus wear. Can you tip me on the make?

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred49
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/Fred4949/fred13-003.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/Fred4949/fred13-009.jpg
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/Fred4949/fred13-007.jpg[/IMG[/I]

Nice - details on the shoes here?

sellahi22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by macaroni
Coat: Mazurczak & Trzaska bespoke
trousers: Mystkowski bespoke
shirt, tie: Emanuel Berg
Shoes: C&J
PS: Calabrese.

IMG_4131.jpg

IMG_4125copy.jpg

IMG_4117.jpg

IMG_4075copy.jpg

Really excellent example of doing a city-ish look with earth tones. Great fit too.

bythecartons

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jamesgatz
The shirt doesn't work for me. The combination of color (white, formal), collar (BD, casual), and material (almost like a tailcoat shirt) is not to my taste.

Originally Posted by MrDaniels
The button-down collar on the shirt does not work for me.

Originally Posted by Navi
One of the best first WAYWRN posts I've seen. Everything is awesome except the shirt, a spread collar would look really good I think. Good job overall though, really solid performance!

Thanks. To be honest, I didn't think about the collar as I didn't wear ties previously and I went with the default BD for most of my shirts. Now, I get it and I guess I need to rethink my dress shirts.

Originally Posted by Holdfast

I actually like this a fair bit. With those fairly heavy shoes, I feel you need a slightly wider leg opening to the trousers to balance them out.

Actually tried the pants again with some sleeker shoes and you do have a valid point. Thanks for pointing that out.

Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty

You too, though there is some weird crumpling at the quarters of your jacket?

this made me panic and stare at my jacket last night. I guess that was from riding the bus with the laptop bag on my lap.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Thursday:
P1030709-Version2.jpg
P1030705.jpg

Sorry but this isn't really working for me. That SC calls out for a more casual fit, maybe without a tie and the top button undone. Also that PS fold looks too precious for me. I like the SC fabric though. Note that I'm not a big fan of bowties so I might be biased.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice socks and shoes. I usually hate loafers but those look good.
Originally Posted by Ash
My first post in this forum. Yesterday worn as wedding guest.
Nice tie. Not sure what's going on with those divots. They don't appear in real life. Corneliani sportcoat Kent Wang blue gingham shirt Kent Wang cornflower flora linen pocket square Thick As Thieves trousers Martegani double monks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads