• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NameBack
photo-8.jpg

Tuck in your shirt

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why does no one seem to realize that Synth's drapey fits are merely a mid-80's skater look? (Not that they're not swell, but still).

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
why doesn't anyone realize that skinny jeans were popular even before 99% of this board was born?! i mean seriously! people think they're like a completely new invention or some ****!

fashion trends wax and wane.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
Why does no one seem to realize that Synth's drapey fits are merely a mid-80's skater look? (Not that they're not swell, but still).

What?? ? Post pics of mid 80s skaters, what did they dress like?

SmallFishWang

Reaction score
Hey first waywt
cheers.gif
DAY
IMG_0004.jpg
Leo +j Rolex GMT2 Alden ravello LW and Night
IMG_3208.jpg
Zara Goat Skin Jacket Uniqlo Vintage Silver Bracelet Gap

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
What?? ? Post pics of mid 80s skaters, what did they dress like?

Haha, I'll try to find some. I was very young, but it was such a distinct look: two to three T-shirts of varying lengths, a very short black leather jacket, often tied around the waist by the sleeves (making it look, from the front, like drop-crotch pants) -- and sometimes even drop-crotch pants. And then of course the hair: close to one length on top, and shaved around the sides. Synth's leather moto/drapey fits look very close...

The character Bobby from Twin Peaks also came pretty close to this look every now and then...

raags

Reaction score
photo-8.jpg

really like every piece individually, don't feel the top half and bottom half gel, this is contributed to by the look of your face (glasses/beard) making a weird dichotomy between biz-cas and streety fashion. think CPs would work a lot better, or any shoe still nice but not as ostentatious as the KVAs.

Knisse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raags
really like every piece individually, don't feel the top half and bottom half gel, this is contributed to by the look of your face (glasses/beard) making a weird dichotomy between biz-cas and streety fashion. think CPs would work a lot better, or any shoe still nice but not as ostentatious as the KVAs.

100 procent agree, except that i think Lanvin > CP with blazers without a doubt. A nice pair of black low-tops with black patent toebox would be perfect in my book.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nameback, dont you hate tucking your laces into you sneakers?!!? it bothers me when im stepping on the lace
laugh.gif

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bh5Zu.jpg

From the weekend. Feel free to quote posts where I criticize ****** branding.

Supreme hat, moscot sunglasses, CDW vest, Uniqlo sweat, APC jeans, vans shoes

raags

Reaction score
rCRhA.jpg
American Apparel Uniqlo Franco Cimadamore apologies about **** photo quality

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
I dunno, I see Lanvin, CP high-tops get paired with blazer/button-down around here. I don't think the KVAs are any more over-stated than the moon-boots. If anything maybe less given their more neutral colors.
the difference is the kvas are quite chunky compared to the others. the color is not the problem. a less structured top would go better, maybe even oversized if you're up for it. if you swap out the sneakers though it would be nice to see the shirt tucked and unbuttoned at the top

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
As ARW mentioned, it's too low-key/bizcas for the boots to work. Everything's too MC tailored and then you have the KVAs. Yes, the palette works, but a grey blazer (especially one with a ticket pocket!) is too dressy for those high tops. If you're talking about how Raf paired his suits with his velcro highs, it worked because it was a black suit. Fits aren't just about color coordination! Lanvins or CPs would work infinitely better because they are as low-key as the rest of your fit. It is a cohesive look.

Try doing the following with the KVA: Black blazer, white tee, Dior jeans. and lose the glasses and facial hair or get something edgier.

boom.

Will give this a try

Just got a black Shipley blazer from pfeury that I really like, needs some tailoring before I can wear it though

As for the Diors -- those might have to wait, due to budgetary concerns. What about some black/dark-grey nudies? Coated, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads