• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OFFICIAL Fragrance Split Discussion Thread

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ok sparky, you're starting to chap ****** now. First off, if you want to save $5, then by all means go on over to Basenotes. She's a fantastic seller and is actually where I got my original split of Rose 31 from. She's also in Taiwan so take that into account when adjusting for shipping times.

Second, you PM me asking for price breaks if you get in on multiple splits, then tell me that the $87 is "almost as much" as a full priced bottle (which is $130 btw). Then you call me a dick when I won't give it to you and tell you to go on your way.

Lastly, and this is just a general heads-up, if you're planning on PM'ing me and giving me ****, or asking for discounts, just save it and go about your business. I don't need a bunch of new members coming over just to try and piss in my litter box. If you want to get in, you're more than welcome. If you try and **** me about, just know that you're not going to get anywhere. I danced this dance once before and I'm about done with these people. Its not worth my time or effort.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ +1

a lot new members, starting problems in this particular thread.
they must google it and see SF pop up...

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CologneReview
Green Irish Tweed is full.

Still have room with Aventus, Bleecker Street, and Brooklyn!

Hey CologneReview,

Just paid via paypal for the split of Green Irish Tweed.

How close are you to being able to order the Flacon!

BillyD

Reaction score
hello, i am new here so i guess that´s why no one wants do be involved in my splits or i just pick the wrong scents... so what scent you guys would like to be splitted, i´ll do it

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whos wants to do a split with me:: http://www.vulva-original.com/de/
biggrin.gif

BillyD

Reaction score
i just tested Frderic Malle - L´eau D´Hivert and wow... very very nice... anybody interested in a split?

100ml = 130,- Eur arround 186,- USD

so:

10ml =( 18,6 $ + 9$ shipping) * 6,5% (paypal + exchange rate) = 29.5 USD
comes in an apothecary bottle, without pump if you want pump: + 3$

80ml avaible

i´ll test : musc ravageur and bigarade concentree these days

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is it just me, or has this thread recently been diminishing in value? It's not as 'pure' as it used to be, if ya'll know what I mean.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Super-huge influx of <10 post junior members wanting to head up splits.

CologneReview

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Ok sparky, you're starting to chap ****** now. First off, if you want to save $5, then by all means go on over to Basenotes. She's a fantastic seller and is actually where I got my original split of Rose 31 from. She's also in Taiwan so take that into account when adjusting for shipping times.

Second, you PM me asking for price breaks if you get in on multiple splits, then tell me that the $87 is "almost as much" as a full priced bottle (which is $130 btw). Then you call me a dick when I won't give it to you and tell you to go on your way.

Lastly, and this is just a general heads-up, if you're planning on PM'ing me and giving me ****, or asking for discounts, just save it and go about your business. I don't need a bunch of new members coming over just to try and piss in my litter box. If you want to get in, you're more than welcome. If you try and **** me about, just know that you're not going to get anywhere. I danced this dance once before and I'm about done with these people. Its not worth my time or effort.

I really don't think people understand the time and effort it takes to get one of these splits finished. There's the tracking of people interested, getting all of the supplies, printing all the labels, collecting the money, placing the order, and then comes the fun part of mashing the sprayer for hours at a time. A lot of folks here respect what we're doing, yet some just don't seem to get it. For those I suggest to head over to the Perfume Court and get a load of their prices.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Originally Posted by blazingazn
Hey CologneReview,

Just paid via paypal for the split of Green Irish Tweed.

How close are you to being able to order the Flacon!

Flacon has been ordered!
bounce2.gif

Cahrin

Reaction score
Received the Vetiver Extraordinaire from MyTailorIsRich . Tops are a bit odd (sweat?) but it mellows pretty quickly into a fresh green/woodsie/earthy scent. C'est bon! And to the more senior splitters - keep up the good work! Some people appreciate and recognize the value!
smile.gif

ezlau

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CologneReview
I really don't think people understand the time and effort it takes to get one of these splits finished. There's the tracking of people interested, getting all of the supplies, printing all the labels, collecting the money, placing the order, and then comes the fun part of mashing the sprayer for hours at a time. A lot of folks here respect what we're doing, yet some just don't seem to get it. For those I suggest to head over to the Perfume Court and get a load of their prices.
musicboohoo[1].gif

I hope you know I'm appreciative
biggrin.gif

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i am also appreciative.

most will not begin to understand the effort it takes to do this.
unless they've done a group buy, proxy or similar cologne split before.

it's soooooOOOOO much work.
the only real return or gain is helping people out.

Cornflake

Reaction score
I haven't posted much here, but already love this site (got myself a new sweater as well lol).
I don't know how some of these guys don't ask for more cash in these splits to be honest. I think it would go crazy doing all the work.
I would never do a split with someone who isn't well received on a site. They could just as easy take off with the money sent to them, or be lazy. Not that I think newbies will...but I'll always air on the side of caution with splits online.

Cheers for everyone involved, and I can't wait to close that Rose 31 split. Too bad I was late on all these Musc Ravageur split...c'est la vie.

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cahrin
Received the Vetiver Extraordinaire from MyTailorIsRich . Tops are a bit odd (sweat?) but it mellows pretty quickly into a fresh green/woodsie/earthy scent. C'est bon! And to the more senior splitters - keep up the good work! Some people appreciate and recognize the value!
smile.gif

Glad to hear you got it OK. A very nice vetiver to be sure. And I certainly appreciate the senior splitters. Knize 10 (Rambo) and Tuscon Leather (Rioni) have been two of my favorites recently and they weren't even on my radar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads