• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by citamlli
Picked up some longwings.
IMG-20110416-00106.jpg

IMG-20110416-00108.jpg

Nice purchase they are beautiful shoes. Enjoy!

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In case anybody's looking for some used whiskey longwing's in 7.5E, I put mine up on the B/S forum.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
Fellas,

Are there monk straps out on the wider lasts or is it strictly aberdeen?

I swear I saw a barrie Monk strap today, in suede, on ebay? Can't find it anymore

bbhewee

Reaction score
Indys on the modified look awesome.
Anatomica in Paris carry them I believe, but the French price put me off them.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In case anybody's looking for some brand new natural chromexcel plain toe boots in size 10D, I put mine up on the B/S forum (or you can check out my signature). I just think they are too duplicative to all the other Aldens you guys have tempted me to buy, so want to give them a new home.

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Ravello chukka kinda day
f82f1434.jpg

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shoes look great. The more I see the pics of shell shoes the more I think I need to add one pair before they get so expensive I can not justify the purchase.

vivalet

Reaction score
what is the best way to clean ravello shell? I wore mine to a party last night and they got spattered with margarita, i think, and there are little dots all over them. I rubbed them down with a damp cloth, but the spatter marks are still there.

I am panicking!

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vivalet
what is the best way to clean ravello shell? I wore mine to a party last night and they got spattered with margarita, i think, and there are little dots all over them. I rubbed them down with a damp cloth, but the spatter marks are still there. I am panicking!
Very common to shell…a lot of brushing and time will remove these spots.

marg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vivalet
what is the best way to clean ravello shell? I wore mine to a party last night and they got spattered with margarita, i think, and there are little dots all over them. I rubbed them down with a damp cloth, but the spatter marks are still there.

I am panicking!

those spots come off when you pull the shoe out of that person's ass who spilled on you. that, or brushing.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by citamlli
Picked up some longwings.
Those are awesome. I love the color. I find it very versatile.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by CHRK33
In case anybody's looking for some brand new natural chromexcel plain toe boots in size 10D, I put mine up on the B/S forum (or you can check out my signature). I just think they are too duplicative to all the other Aldens you guys have tempted me to buy, so want to give them a new home.
These are great boots. I agree, I have a lot of shoes that duplicate the other shoes. But it is nice havign them.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by CTYGGG
Ravello chukka kinda day
Great shoes and great day for them.

nomometal

Reaction score
+1
Did you make those up, or can they be bought somewhere? My Winn Perry cigar 968 Palntations are my favorite pair.

Well done.

vivalet

Reaction score
awesome advice, except the spiller may very well have been me!
confused.gif

I will brush and brush, but it kills me that this happened -- they were spotless yesterday!

Originally Posted by marg
those spots come off when you pull the shoe out of that person's ass who spilled on you. that, or brushing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics