• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

kwoyeu

Reaction score
thom browne sweater vest (bnwt for $250)?
$(KGrHqF,!k8E2D)trdZ(BNqQHntOU!~~_3.JPG

more shots

$(KGrHqV,!hkE2foFE!6SBNqQHt52jQ~~_3.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!l8E2Euurd,,BNqQHzvev!~~_3.JPG

first, it's a sweater vest. so that's one source of uncertainty.
another source: non-cashmere tb knits seem to be pretty inexpensive compared to his other items. dunno if that means anything quality-wise.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
4977492241_95d7abd107_z.jpg

I think I like them, but it's kind of hard to tell with just this one shot. Can't really tell whether the toe is just a little upturned v. looking totally clownish from another angle.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
What size are they? Mihara is a bit tough to size. But I think you should get them. They are fairly elongated, just so you know.
They're a size 25 so probably would need an insole. I find I fit a 39.5 best. 39s are only comfortable without socks. tbh, because my feet are so small, slightly clownish boots are better because they make my feet look more normal lol

spacetaekwon

Reaction score
Wanted the rick monkey boots, but can't afford right now...

3164_1_.jpg

Planning to spray-paint the sole/stitching black "ervell style"
y/n? other suggestions for monkey boots? thanks.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
They're a size 25 so probably would need an insole. I find I fit a 39.5 best. 39s are only comfortable without socks. tbh, because my feet are so small, slightly clownish boots are better because they make my feet look more normal lol
I am skeptical about the idea of sizing them to fit big. They are great though, have been looking for them in a 27.5. (I am a 44-44.5)

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
I am skeptical about the idea of sizing them to fit big. They are great though, have been looking for them in a 27.5. (I am a 44-44.5)

Hm... well they're supposed to fit a 40-40.5 so...hopefully they work out

defan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
tbh they look mad weird worn, mcnairy never looks 100% right ime. I tried them on and they were mad dainty and limp wrist.

Originally Posted by Razele
**** I hate everything Mc Nairy touches

Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
+1

He said something like: "For my first Woolrich Woolen Mills collection, I was inspired chiefly by Ivy League Schools and the US Navy. So I called the collection 'Naval Intelligence'."

Way to give Daiki a run for his money there hoss. Now I have to despise you forever.

Any recommendations for something else in the "not quite completely dressed up but not some tennis shoes" shoe category?

wangvicous

Reaction score
I've been looking for the same thing. Basically something to replace boots for summer. I'm debating between Alden #8 ptb or chukkas. Kinda want penny loafers but i fear with my current style they'll end up right next to my bucks getting next to no use.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by defan
Any recommendations for something else in the "not quite completely dressed up but not some tennis shoes" shoe category?

Plenty of soft suede shoes that aren't made by McNairy, up into like Crockett and Jones or Fratelli Rossetti territory if you have some flow at hand (n.b. ****** slang phrase). Keds are pretty easy to dress up also. Or Rachel Comey Derringers or Matebas. Or some Paul Smith joints.

defan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Plenty of soft suede shoes that aren't made by McNairy, up into like Crockett and Jones or Fratelli Rossetti territory if you have some flow at hand (n.b. ****** slang phrase). Keds are pretty easy to dress up also. Or Rachel Comey Derringers or Matebas. Or some Paul Smith joints.

Thanks, I looked at some of those offerings. They don't have to be suede necessarily, but it seems to be easier to pull off the look I'm going for in suede.

Is there anything in that $250 and below price range. It looks like Rachel Comey could be had if one found a sale.

What should I be looking for that the McNairy's don't have?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads