• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fitted cotton polos?

Kylehughs

Reaction score
Anyone rock the fitted soft cotton polo shirts? (not mesh) Who sells them at a reasonable price? I am skinny/short but I have a well defined chest.

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sunspels are not bad. The sleeves kind of lose shape quickly after wearing them though, but once you wash them you're okay again.

I waited for their huge 40-50% sale and bought two rivieras. Great fit in the body and shoulders. Great material too

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love fitted polos.

Sunspels are by far the best in their price range. As above poster said: material, fit, shell buttons are all great. I do agree they lose shape a bit though, especially the softer collars.

I've since upgrade to John Smedley polos. Price is quite a bit more, but I prefer the quality and the weight of the fabric. (£100-130.)

Originally Posted by Mannix
This is tempting: http://www.polosophy.it/eng/index.html

Those look really very nice, any idea how much they charge?

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strangely, they don't have all the colors anymore, but I really enjoy LE Canvas Polo shirts. I'm a size 36/38 in jackets and I bought their size S. Fit picture. Sorry for the quality.
p6rwD.jpg

easy_golfing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnguy001
Sunspels are not bad. The sleeves kind of lose shape quickly after wearing them though, but once you wash them you're okay again.

I waited for their huge 40-50% sale and bought two rivieras. Great fit in the body and shoulders. Great material too

when do they have that sale?

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might want to try the new Kent Wang polos. I saw them the other day on the web. His styles tend to be more modern slim fits. I am going to give one a try to see how they hold up.

Yet123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Strangely, they don't have all the colors anymore, but I really enjoy LE Canvas Polo shirts. I'm a size 36/38 in jackets and I bought their size S.

Fit picture. Sorry for the quality.
p6rwD.jpg

How tall are u?

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strangely, they don't have all the colors anymore, but I really enjoy LE Canvas Polo shirts. I'm a size 36/38 in jackets and I bought their size S.

+1. I have several, and they are great polos. Fit very well.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, I'm buying more polos from them. The summer is officially here and I go through them faster than I can launder them.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
H&M polos are very decent too. The trick is not to put them in the dryer so that they don't shrink. Cold wash and hang dry

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
H&M polos are very decent too. The trick is not to put them in the dryer so that they don't shrink. Cold wash and hang dry

I have both, and LE beats them by far. Mostly in terms of fabric quality. Also, the H&M polos have a ****** collar. I bought 6 more polos from LE and I'll be throwing the H&M ones out.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have both, and LE beats them by far. Mostly in terms of fabric quality. Also, the H&M polos have a ****** collar. I bought 6 more polos from LE and I'll be throwing the H&M ones out.

"Bendy" collar? Are the LE canvas ones more rigid?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads