• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hsiangwang
Dear medtech_expat

Thanks for your great picture of DECO.
I have heard that the last is pointer than current last.
Do you know the size comparison to the DG70?
If I wear UK8E in DG70, what size should I wear in DECO last?

You should be a 8E in the Deco as well.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mzmart
We really need to see pictures of the deco samples as worn on the foot. Otherwise its gonna be a long wait until the first set of orders can be viewed.

I will be there in Dallas on Tuesday and see what I can do.

BTW, this thread is NOT doing anything to make that wait time for Tuesday come any faster. Grr.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hsiangwang
Dear medtech_expat

Thanks for your great picture of DECO.
I have heard that the last is pointer than current last.
Do you know the size comparison to the DG70?
If I wear UK8E in DG70, what size should I wear in DECO last?

Originally Posted by Leaves
You should be a 8E in the Deco as well.

+1

Dean confirmed the fit is the same across all lasts, and with the one Deco pair I tried on this is consistent with my experience. The Deco last is slightly elongated as compared with the standard lasts (perhaps my 0.5cm), although this is limited to toe box extension.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mktitsworth
I will be there in Dallas on Tuesday and see what I can do.

BTW, this thread is NOT doing anything to make that wait time for Tuesday come any faster. Grr.

I'm sure Despos will be much more understanding with taking pics. I had to rush through mine a bit as the gents at Wilkes got nervous when I pulled out the Lumix, even to go so far as to ask me if I'm in the men's shoe business. I suppose I have that "footwear industrial espionage" look about me.
laugh.gif

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
I'm sure Despos will be much more understanding with taking pics. I had to rush through mine a bit as the gents at Wilkes got nervous when I pulled out the Lumix, even to go so far as to ask me if I'm in the men's shoe business. I suppose I have that "footwear industrial espionage" look about me.
laugh.gif

The easiest thing to do is always to ask politely and explain why. If someone says no, then that's that. If they say yes, then bully. At the very worst I can point them at this conversation.

Metroboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gazman70k

And here is an amazing young talent hard at work hand finishing the bench made shoes.

standard.jpg

He seems like quite a looker.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metroboy
He seems like quite a looker.

more like, he needs a good hair cut

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
you know how hard it is to get à haircut in kettering
smile.gif
?

if you hang around some of the pub's, i hear you can get scalped for free on a friday night
biggrin.gif

Metroboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leaves
I'm guessing that the lad on the pic and the poster of this comment is a Swede!
smile.gif

Quite swedish. Meatballs and ABBA everyday.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Quite swedish. Meatballs and ABBA everyday.

Swedish meatballs are so yesteryear, Ikea has introduced them to the world.
As a Swede you can always introduce Kettering to the delights of Surströmming:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surströmming

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

janne melkersson

Reaction score
bengal-stripe,
last summer we had a feast for one of our US-students and part of the meal was "surströming" which is a traditionally "poor mans" dish. However, today it is in the northen parts an important dish. Anyway, I have never had such fun when I saw the studentd eyes was about to pop out and his body started to make convulsions. So you need to have an experienced Swede near by when trying this the first time.

Btw, it is made of fermented herrings from the Baltics. Hereby I invite all my clients to have a bite during the fitting :)

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by janne melkersson
Hereby I invite all my clients to have a bite during the fitting :)

Isn't that dangerous, they might throw up over the new shoes. - Gives a totally new meaning to "individual patina".
laugh.gif

I'm next month in Stockholm, but, to be on the safe side, I might stick to meatballs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads