• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srgprod
The western denim shirts are designed to be rugged work wear. Worn outside to protect the wearer while doing dirty farm chores and sweaty ranch work. These were not intended to be fashion wear. The sleeves are looser so they breathe and can be rolled up. It's a very well made, practical shirt.

You're right about that. It would be kind of strange having it all tight and fitted everywhere. The shirt you sold me is beautiful by the way!

Opermann

Reaction score
Thanks to the folks who helped with my sizing questions a few pages back. I had asked about the slim fits and how they compare to the slim bootcut. I ended up grabbing a pair of the limited edition black selvedge jeans. They are stiff as a board and heavily dyed. You can smell it while wearing them, but hopefully that will fade with time. The buttons have a coating that makes your fingers black
wink.gif
I'm a 33 in slim bootcut and went with 34 in these. The fit is still slim with a bit of room in the seat and thighs which I prefer. Hopefully they don't stretch out too much more, but I'm not into super slim jeans so whatever. It'll be awesome to see how these break in... I'll keep you all updated!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
You're right about that. It would be kind of strange having it all tight and fitted everywhere. The shirt you sold me is beautiful by the way!
was this the western chambray?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Opermann
Thanks to the folks who helped with my sizing questions a few pages back. I had asked about the slim fits and how they compare to the slim bootcut. I ended up grabbing a pair of the limited edition black selvedge jeans. They are stiff as a board and heavily dyed. You can smell it while wearing them, but hopefully that will fade with time. The buttons have a coating that makes your fingers black
wink.gif
I'm a 33 in slim bootcut and went with 34 in these. The fit is still slim with a bit of room in the seat and thighs which I prefer. Hopefully they don't stretch out too much more, but I'm not into super slim jeans so whatever. It'll be awesome to see how these break in... I'll keep you all updated!

can you post pics? these sound interesting

Opermann

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
can you post pics? these sound interesting
They are the same ones as found here. They have a regular RRL tag that says LTD ED III with the same retail $$$ but don't have the BLENDS hang or interior tag. Looks like they just made a few to sell in the regular RRL stores.

amstokesdb9

Reaction score
Forgive me if this is asked out of ignorance but why are there no slim fits on ebay compared to all of the other fit? I really like that fit, would I like the slim bootcut or should I just suck it up and go retail?

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
was this the western chambray?

No, definitely not chambray. Decently heavy selvedge denim, all the western details, really slubby and embroidery on the front pockets. From 2009 I think. Cuffs and sleeves are relaxed but the body is nicely tapered.

03030021.jpg

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
No, definitely not chambray. Decently heavy selvedge denim, all the western details, really slubby and embroidery on the front pockets. From 2009 I think. Cuffs and sleeves are relaxed but the body is nicely tapered.
03030021.jpg

sorry, yeah thats what I meant. Size L, right?

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amstokesdb9
Forgive me if this is asked out of ignorance but why are there no slim fits on ebay compared to all of the other fit? I really like that fit, would I like the slim bootcut or should I just suck it up and go retail?

Ebay only sells the stuff that the retail stores can't sell and then send to the outlets who then discount it even further to about 59.99. Then the ebay resellers pick it up and flip it.

If the B&M stores sell out of the slim fits, well, your SOL if you want to do ebay.

Dodo

Reaction score
Re: Oxford shirts

So, thanks for all kind informations! we can summarize that probably on ebay there are only selvedge oxford shirts (discontinued), that they are quite slim and because of that for a 40" chest it's better to get a size L because a size M could be too thight!
Western shirts are quite the same fit but they are larger on the armes.
Too bad I've never seen a RRL oxford shirt in person and tried it. From ebay pictures they seem quite the oxford shirts i'm looking for so I think i'll take one of them to try (quite strange for an italian where they are famous as shirtmakers
confused.gif
)
Too bad either I can't find on www any place to look at their collections, it looks like RRL is sold only by retailers and occasionally on line!
You guys are great!! always found out great help from SForumers!!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
P4830-1.jpg

and the misses:
$%28KGrHqYOKnME1Up75JdtBNmiCm6LWQ%7E%7E0_3.JPG

what the **** kind of white trash is this?
ffffuuuu.gif

el duderino

Reaction score
has anyone handled these: RRL Double RL NWT Heavy Buckle Back Jeans Pants 33/34 They look like the officer chino both in cut and fabric material. I am intrigued..
Yes, those pants are nice brown duck canvas (carhartt-like) and a favorite of mine. They are officer chino cut and have little to no distressing. If you want killer pics of it, check out el topo's post on sufu (they are darker shade though than those pics suggest): http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...postcount=1233 They have a lighter colored version (same fabric, just washed out) this season as part of Heartland (minor differences like patch and coin pocket).

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by el duderino
Exactly, the western sleeves are pretty relaxed like the normal shirts. I don't think any non-selvedge oxfords are currently available, (there are chambray ones part of seasonal icon this year, but they are regular fit). The ones made from Japanese selvedge oxford fabric are slim and were sold up until FW10, the tag says made from Japanese piece goods, and the RN number is printed on the inside of the collar.

$180 NWT RRL Selvedge Denim Oxford Shirt Sz L Large
Originally Posted by el duderino
Yes, those pants are nice brown duck canvas (carhartt-like) and a favorite of mine. They are officer chino cut and have little to no distressing. If you want killer pics of it, check out el topo's post on sufu (they are darker shade though than those pics suggest): http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...postcount=1233 They have a lighter colored version (same fabric, just washed out) this season as part of Heartland (minor differences like patch and coin pocket).
Thanks! I really like these but I feel like the more I search, the more I find, the more I buy, the more im like
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics