• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phxlawstudent
Chambray or linen? My pair arrived the other day. Looks pretty good for a summer jean. Closet dweller afterward. But considering that AZ has 3-5 months of summer depending on how you look at it.....

Skinnyguy chambray, place I was looking at just ran out of my size though. Lol. Wonder how it'll look like after 5 months of wear

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
Talking about belts, sizing help anyone? TTS or..?

Also, thoughts/opinions about the chambray jeans would be nice, considering getting a pair.

Add 2 to your typical denim size, 3 if you are in between sizes. Example - I am a 31 in Weird Guy, 32 Skinny Guy (most fabrics that is) and wear 34 belt using the 2nd hole and if the belt stretches would be on the 3rd hole which is ideal fit.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How awesome would it be for N&F to make a shirt/shirt jacket out of the same material they used for their deep indigo jeans. I've been on the lookout for a nice heavyweight denim shirt with little luck (at my pricepoint).

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sizing help request. Just bought a pair of APC New Standards sz. 32, and after a few hard wears, it has stretched out to a perfect size. I'm about a size 35 in dress pants.

Picked up Weird Guys and Slim Guys in both 32 and 33 but hard to tell where they'll end up fit wise. WGs in 32 I can button up, but fairly snug in the crotch - OK while standing, but slightly uncomfortable while sitting, but bearable. Sales guy at Barneys said they don't stretch out as much as APCs so he doesn't recommend getting the same size. The waist of the 33s fit right off the bat, but still tightness in the crotch. I'm afraid after 6 months, the 33s might be too big, but i don't know how much the top block (including the crotch) will stretch out. So 32s or 33s?

As for Slim Guys, I'm surprised to hear people size up. Do these not stretch at all? If I go with 32s, I need effort to button them up. 33s easily slide up and down off my waist. Similarly, go with 32s and hope they stretch enough, or go with 33s where they are fitting right out of the box - again, not sure how much they'll stretch and what i'm regretting a few months down the road?

Thx guys.

C-Note

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
How awesome would it be for N&F to make a shirt/shirt jacket out of the same material they used for their deep indigo jeans. I've been on the lookout for a nice heavyweight denim shirt with little luck (at my pricepoint).

Actually that would be pretty awesome... I'd also be interested in how creative they can get with denim jackets, especially considering the way they're creative with jeans.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by C-Note
Actually that would be pretty awesome... I'd also be interested in how creative they can get with denim jackets, especially considering the way they're creative with jeans.

Ugh I hate denim jackets. But to each his own and all that jazz.

Would be great if they got into loopwheeled stuff like W+H.

Actually, I'm interested in the few pics I've seen of PaulRose Products, but they literally have no online presence at all
lol8[1].gif

reezy

Reaction score
From the pictures I found of Paul Rose. they look like the slim shirts N&F have out now. Hope to hear more of it soon.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh I hate denim jackets. But to each his own and all that jazz.

Would be great if they got into loopwheeled stuff like W+H.

Actually, I'm interested in the few pics I've seen of PaulRose Products, but they literally have no online presence at all
lol8[1].gif

I was thinking more along the lines of a shirt-type design as opposed to a denim jacket (think a J Crew chambray utility shirt type design in the deep indigo denim).

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
went to holt today and met Brandon, he's an awesome guy, just hearing him talk about denim is mind blowing.

my buddy ordered a pair of custom kaki-something japanese weird guys, khaki (persimmon dyed) weft which was sick and apparently a prada exclusive but Brandon's got sticky fingers or is a smooth talker and got his hands on some. in his bag of tricks he showed me some elephant2's which will be 22oz, pomegranite dyed weird guys (i should have tried to barter with him for them or something, had my size as the sample), denim jacket!!! (classic cut, not much tapering) and the japanese heritage which are beauties as well if you like that fuzzy rigid feel

definitely glad i went down to check it out, looking forward to see what else the mad scientist can think of

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz
went to holt today and met Brandon, he's an awesome guy, just hearing him talk about denim is mind blowing.

my buddy ordered a pair of custom kaki-something japanese weird guys, khaki (persimmon dyed) weft which was sick and apparently a prada exclusive but Brandon's got sticky fingers or is a smooth talker and got his hands on some. in his bag of tricks he showed me some elephant2's which will be 22oz, pomegranite dyed weird guys (i should have tried to barter with him for them or something, had my size as the sample), denim jacket!!! (classic cut, not much tapering) and the japanese heritage which are beauties as well if you like that fuzzy rigid feel

definitely glad i went down to check it out, looking forward to see what else the mad scientist can think of

Oh damn, that sounds sick. Definitely interested in the *** heritage and pomegranates too

Donut

Reaction score
They also have these, which look amazing.

hope those fit better then the N&F hoodies. The ones from N&F fit big and not as slim.

Donut

Reaction score
I've never tried the N&F hoodies on myself but all the fit pics I've seen do make them look almost a size big.

The fabric on these look great though

Yeah i actually picked it up at high grade in WEM, i took the last size small for navy though. They might've restocked because I bought it around january.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads