• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sexiest guitar riffs, licks, solos, and instrumentals

Eponym

Reaction score
Rolling Stones - Can't You Hear Me Knocking

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
7 minutes starting time exactly

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
skip to time 2:46
or

4:05

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eponym
Rolling Stones - Can't You Hear Me Knocking

+1. Mick Taylor-era Stones were the best. Horns added a lot, too.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Don't have access to youtube at work, so maybe someone can help me out, but my entry would be:

Santana
Smooth

Great sexy, cha-cha beat. Appeals to the inner passionate latina in all women. If you can actually cha-cha with them to this song they will be powerless to your charms.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
The title says it all. I'm not necessarily looking for badass (a la Pantera). Anything that drops panties and would be good to listen to with the lights out, the candles lit, a bit of drink, and a few bowls. Bluesy normally works.

John Mayer is awesome. You can like his music or not, seems like a lot of people don't (I love him), but no one can deny that the guy is a great guitar player. I own all of his cds, unashamedly. Slow Dancing in a Burning Room is such a sad song but the guitar is so goddamned sexy. It's beautiful. Always reliable for incredibly sexy guitar solos: Prince Buddy Guy B.B. King Steve Winwood Santana Al DiMeola and obviously Jerry Garcia. He had a way of playing that just pulls at the strings of your soul. Listening to him just touches something deep inside of you. I really wish the guy had stayed alive long enough for me to see him live.

Southlondongent

Reaction score
Keef - simple yet damn effective...

Watch your step...

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score
I don't think I've seen what I consider to be any sexy sounding strings in this entire post.

Here is what I consider sexy guitar playing.

Hendrix - Have You Ever Been? (to Electric Ladyland)

Isley Brothers - Who's that Lady?

(the guitar line from Red Light Special by TLC was an appropriation of Isley's main theme in the solos of this song)

TLC - Red Light Special

Bob Dylan's Lay Lady Lay is also a worthy mention, despite being a pedal steel or slide guitar.

Actually, I'd agree with Prince on doing some really lascivious guitar work, but I also know its origins. I don't know of any sexy guitar-ness coming out of Prince that isn't Hendrix-based or a rip on a Bernie Worrell or Eddie Hazel line. Which I think are also Hendrix based. And Hendrix might have bit Curtis Mayfield. It's been a while since I've been into all that stuff.

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Link Wray "Rumble"

Ah, that I'll agree with!

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto
Little Wing by SRV
Fixed that for you.

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Seriously how is this the first mention of him in this thread??

997CTSurg

Alpha-M
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Jerry Garcia. He had a way of playing that just pulls at the strings of your soul. Listening to him just touches something deep inside of you. I really wish the guy had stayed alive long enough for me to see him live.

Jerry had the ability to touch your soul and move you into the music.
Just amazing.
The overhyped Cornell 77 show is a good starting place to get into the Dead
Every time I hear a Dead song I miss him not making more music.

trd6478

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 997CTSurg
Jerry had the ability to touch your soul and move you into the music.
Just amazing.
The overhyped Cornell 77 show is a good starting place to get into the Dead
Every time I hear a Dead song I miss him not making more music.

jack straw and st stephen are easily my favorite bits of garcia guitarwork. also check out their rendition of its all over now baby blue, astonishingly good

997CTSurg

Alpha-M
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trd6478
jack straw and st stephen are easily my favorite bits of garcia guitarwork. also check out their rendition of its all over now baby blue, astonishingly good

I personally like Slip>Help>Franklin's Tower and Sugaree. Scarlet>Fire from 77 and 78 are usually smoking.
My personal opinion was that Jerry always shone very brightly on Bobby's songs ( at least he couldn't forget the words)
They played Baby Blue for a long time. Was/Is a favorite.
Have to admit that I didn't care for Day Job or My Brother Esau.

Hearing them play Unbroken Chain at the Pyramid in Memphis in 95 was
worship.gif
worship.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads