• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Made me want to get a tie like that
smile.gif

fistbump.gif

Originally Posted by Navi
I think it'd be bomb with a brown wool tie, or an orange cashmere. Nice square though!

I don't have any wool ties, but I'd like to try some out next fall. Of course, it remains cool enough for tweed here in San Francisco for most of the year, so maybe I'll just ignore the calendar... I've worn it with a brown tie with cream/tan polka dots, and I thought that turned out pretty well. It's definitely not a color that you see a lot of in ties, shirts, and suits.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sugarbutch
fistbump.gif

I don't have any wool ties, but I'd like to try some out next fall. Of course, it remains cool enough for tweed here in San Francisco for most of the year, so maybe I'll just ignore the calendar... I've worn it with a brown tie with cream/tan polka dots, and I thought that turned out pretty well. It's definitely not a color that you see a lot of in ties, shirts, and suits.

Oh my you are missing out my friend. Wool ties are the ****.

Bartlebooth

Reaction score
Came across this last night, and of course I have to share:

A kevlar pocket square

"The Damned is a Bullet-Proof* Gentlemen's Pocket Square measuring 270 mm x 270, made from lemon Military Grade Ballistic Strength Aramid Fibre - to protect the hearts of men. "

sr0902damned002.jpg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My suggestion for this pocket square is to wear it in casual party or dinner settings when you are in a basic blazer, solid pants and shirt and need a touch a color. It will be a nice, festive accent. But trying to mix and match such strong color with tie and jacket patterns will often come off as a garish afterthought.

Originally Posted by Navi
IMG_20110413_230236.jpg
[/url]

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Say what you will, but I am seeing a steady stream of "pocket parachute" photos coming in from the most influencial bloggers and fashion magazines. A few designers were showing them at the most recent Men's collections in Italy. Will it take hold? Don't know yet, but it could be "the look" in the coming year on WAYWRN. We shall see. Such is the nature of style trends.

Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
ASC_6208tweed_-cappotto-500x746.jpg

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Mariano is a disaster up there.

Originally Posted by Rufino
You mean the old guy with two pocketsquares?

Horrible...

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Say what you will, but I am seeing a steady stream of "pocket parachute" photos coming in from the most influencial bloggers and fashion magazines. A few designers were showing them at the most recent Men's collections in Italy. Will it take hold? Don't know yet, but it could be "the look" in the coming year on WAYWRN. We shall see. Such is the nature of style trends.

The volume and projection of his PS suggests that it must be about 20"x20". That's getting into bib territory...

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That looks a machine-stitched handkerchief-style edge, not even a pocket square. So I would say the RLPL is actually noticeably worse than mine.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Simple Elegance
Do you think a RLPL white linen PS is noticiable better than, say, a $20 Kent Wang one?

Most people prefer a hand rolled and sewn edge for their pocket squares. The RLPL squares that I have seen have an open seem around the edge that is similar to what I see on fine linen napkins. It is Ok but not my preference.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics