• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
anyone get in on the rugby sale? the oxfords look nice. little time to decide
ffffuuuu.gif

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flyguy7
Well you're obviously the ideal body type. I've got a bit of extra weight on me and a 40" chest, so i usually take a medium but unfortunately I'm also your height tonio. That means the medium stark hangs to my thigh. I size down to a small and there's pulling around the shoulders. sucks to be me.

Haha not sure about ideal as I has gained some fat, but as far as sizing maybe. I know you're swoll so I can envision sizing being a pain ********** for you.

Fluery

Reaction score
Originally Posted by flyguy7
Well you're obviously the ideal body type. I've got a bit of extra weight on me and a 40" chest, so i usually take a medium but unfortunately I'm also your height tonio. That means the medium stark hangs to my thigh. I size down to a small and there's pulling around the shoulders. sucks to be me.

Yeah I feel you...I'm 5 inches taller than you and do the same size, and it hits around the crotch. Any longer would be weird.

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
anyone get in on the rugby sale? the oxfords look nice. little time to decide
ffffuuuu.gif

I did, I bought 5 oxfords and 1 gingham. I'm a 36/XS in most brands but I checked their size chart and it said that a small was a 34-36 and XS was 30-32 chest. I called their sales dept and they said that it was accurate and the small would be really slim on me if I was a 36. I'll let you know how they fit when I get them.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doubtful that a small will be snug. I can wear a medium and I'm a 42, although it is almost too small.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wtf i ordered a small and i usually take small i.e. jcrew. lands end hope this will not be f'ed up
smile.gif

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there are online MTM shirts for the same price range, if it's just a plain oxford I really don't see the reason for buying OTR

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
Online made to measure is not always the best thing and I've never seen a made to measure oxford shirt that didn't look too businessy for 44 dollars, because that's what I paid for these.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I kinda have to agree. MTM companies never seem to do non-dressy oxfords well, only pinpoint oxfords and dress shirts.

Also, for all the "MTM is the way to go" talk I almost never see great looking MTM product. Most MTM shirts I see posted still look meh... I think it's b/c even if the MTM Co. doesn't screw something up (it seems MTM places often ignore the peoples requests and make baggier sleeves or arm holes) it may not look right as the proportions may be off. I'd rather get on OTR shirt made from a good pattern.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTM via the web/email is so hard to get right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads