• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
It's a "luxury" brand. Brioni status

I wasn't sure. I saw a Ricci tie at the thrift store (when I picked up the NWT Burberry tie) and put it back.

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's how we learn, by leaving things behind and looking them up later on-line.
I left behind a Hermes long sleeve shirt for $12 last year, that's how I
got into this hobby. 2 weeks after I left it behind, that very same Hermes
shirt (with a tear behind the collar) was sold by Nataku for $170 on Ebay.

Where's the smiley face with the light bulb over his head? Get it

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dahl5yankees
I left behind a Hermes long sleeve shirt for $12 last year, that's how I
got into this hobby. 2 weeks after I left it behind, that very same Hermes
shirt (with a tear behind the collar) was sold by Nataku for $170 on Ebay.

biggrin.gif

Xenos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Insane haul! Care to sell the Band of Outsiders?

Thanks, but I think I'll keep all, with the possible exception of the Hermes.

Band of Outsiders is a bit hip for my relatively conservative tastes. It's a brand I've only bought since I started thrifting. Just got my third BofO shirt this week and I'm wearing another one right now. Interesting sizing. The shirt I have on now is an XL and is very fitted. The shirt I bought this week is an XXL Tall and fits about like a regular Large oxford would fit.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xenos
Thanks, but I think I'll keep all, with the possible exception of the Hermes. Band of Outsiders is a bit hip for my relatively conservative tastes. It's a brand I've only bought since I started thrifting. Just got my third BofO shirt this week and I'm wearing another one right now. Interesting sizing. The shirt I have on now is an XL and is very fitted. The shirt I bought this week is an XXL Tall and fits about like a regular Large oxford would fit.
Xen How much did you pay for those ties each? I once saw a Massimo for $20

wcl

Reaction score
Picked up a pair of NWT Howard Yount trou today. Talk about a rare bird!! Also picked up a Flusser DB suit. Dead mint with LOTS of handwork. At one of my semi-annual stops I passed on a Dior Homme DB trench. Absolutely perfect except missing the belt. It would have been $150. I probably should have given it a shot, but I was just not feeling it.

Asath

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just had my first "find" at a thrift store. It's an 100% Cashmere blazer/sportscoat from Graham & Gunn. It doesn't really fit me and I was wondering if this item was flip-able?

rx330

Reaction score
Just a quick question: How much can one typically sell a good condition used Chester Barrie blazer/sportcoat for?

amadar

Reaction score
Anybody know anything about Gianfranco Ferre Couture suits? I've not heard much chatter about Ferre on SF. I passed a 6x2 DB the other day that appeared to be of very good quality, was definitely fully canvassed and nice material. Only thing that dated it was the lack of vents, but otherwise I would have picked it up.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xenos
Thanks, but I think I'll keep all, with the possible exception of the Hermes.

Band of Outsiders is a bit hip for my relatively conservative tastes. It's a brand I've only bought since I started thrifting. Just got my third BofO shirt this week and I'm wearing another one right now. Interesting sizing. The shirt I have on now is an XL and is very fitted. The shirt I bought this week is an XXL Tall and fits about like a regular Large oxford would fit.

I might be interested in the hermes depending on price. What are you thinking of asking? I love the design!

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today was interesting: saw two Samuelsohn pieces for the first time. Both had holes in the sleeve cuffs and were older labels (black & red, no heart) so I left them. Definitely warmed my heart a little to see that SOMEONE in Ohio has heard of Sammy!
inlove.gif

Also found a BB linen shirt (for me) and a pair of BB seersucker pants just in time for spring/summer.

Mostly, though, I found this Ferragamo scarf - the first fruits from all that searching the women's scarves. Still have never found a pocket square, but this thing is pretty neat. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, there's a couple of spots so I'm not real sure how it'd sell on ebay. Nothing major but I could see it scaring off picky-types.

I still don't understand why the middle has guys playing polo, though!
laugh.gif

P1060552.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads