• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Yes. Because you will be able to wear the TOJ shearling without fear of embarassment.
teacha.gif

make it happen

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBear
I did this...and hopefully it will work out. I kept the chest as is and sized the waist down one size. Charly said it was fine but I still won't be sure until I receive it! I went with a 47 chest and 46 waist. I'm a 38.5" chest to a 31" waist.

Emilio, that looks AMAZING!
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif

Rad, good to hear.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emilo
And so, after 3 weeks in order-queue and almost 2 weeks in customs, I finally got swagged out.

28cklmv.jpg

-
21b7o2g.jpg

Thanks to Charly for what I believe is a perfect fit, and thanks to Drew for super-swag.

If people ask you how to ball, you say 'Temple of Jawnz'
devil.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
that is a nice length, as you can see he wears his pants high

changy

Reaction score
If I'm a 46 in bomber, am I also a 46 in Moto? The shoulder is wider on the 46 moto

whereismyshoe

Reaction score
yeah imo that length is perfect, i hate the super cropped look some of the earlier jackets have

pfurey

Reaction score
yeah that's my favorite dr fit ever, besides synth's.

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
I really want a ToJ leather but I'm just not sure how well it would integrate into my wardrobe. Really like the Moto but I mean I wear button downs and chinos or jeans every day, nothing really more exciting than that. Would a moto be ridiculous with that? I see **** in my size all the time in B&S and struggle to see myself wearing one. Feel like the harrington would work well but I'm not sure. I always see drew talking about how anyone can wear a leather...

pfurey

Reaction score
^ I'd go with the blouson. Sounds like it was made for ocbd + denim.

Moto would also work. Button downs + denim can go with almost anything. Replace the ocbd with a white / light colored t on the weekends and you're set.

Just don't wear chinos with leather unless you want to be a dadmagnet.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pfurey

Just don't wear chinos with leather unless you want to be a dadmagnet.

I disagree...

there's nothing wrong with wearing chinos w/ leather. I have a couple of unis chinos that I wear with my TOJ bomber all the time. Aeglus has posted a bunch of leather + chinos fits.

pfurey

Reaction score
Black leather + chinos = bad. To me. Again, it's all preference.

There are no rules for any of this ****. Wear whatever you like.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pfurey
Black leather + chinos = bad. To me. Again, it's all preference.

There are no rules for any of this ****. Wear whatever you like.

of course.

IMO its more about the individual item than the general category. Especially for something like this, "chino" is a pretty big category that covers a lot of pants, from the cropped +J ones aeglus has posted to the shapeless dockers variety most people wear.

That said, yeah... its a lot tougher with black leathers. I have a lot easier time working my whiskey leather in with stuff than I do w/ my black moto

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emilo
And so, after 3 weeks in order-queue and almost 2 weeks in customs, I finally got swagged out.

http://i51.tinypic.com/28cklmv.jpg
-http://i52.tinypic.com/21b7o2g.jpg

Thanks to Charly for what I believe is a perfect fit, and thanks to Drew for super-swag.

I think the jacket looks great and I like the fit. Very nice.

Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
I really want a ToJ leather but I'm just not sure how well it would integrate into my wardrobe. Really like the Moto but I mean I wear button downs and chinos or jeans every day, nothing really more exciting than that. Would a moto be ridiculous with that? I see **** in my size all the time in B&S and struggle to see myself wearing one. Feel like the harrington would work well but I'm not sure. I always see drew talking about how anyone can wear a leather...

Trust me. My everyday wear is the same as yours and ToJ leather integrates perfectly in my wardrobe. The brown one I'm trying to sell more so than the black (strictly because most of my footwear is brown and I don't like the brown shoes with black leather combo) I sold for more everyday integration, but even the black one I wore on casual Fridays and weekends. Not because we excahnged PMs on the brown bomber believe me, but from the sounds of your closet, I think a brown bomber or an A-1 would suit you better than a moto.

Originally Posted by Meis
of course.

IMO its more about the individual item than the general category. Especially for something like this, "chino" is a pretty big category that covers a lot of pants, from the cropped +J ones aeglus has posted to the shapeless dockers variety most people wear.

That said, yeah... its a lot tougher with black leathers. I have a lot easier time working my whiskey leather in with stuff than I do w/ my black moto

I totally agree with this. I don't get why the continuous dislike/hate of the chino+leather and the association with "dad fit fail". It's all about the fit on the individual articles and the color combinations. Yeah, black leather + khaki chinos maybe not so much, but black leather plus grey or blue hues can be money.

My fits are basically chinos/trousers/ocbds/jeans for the most part and as soon as I get my whiskey bomber, I'm going to be rockin' it the hell out. It won't be with baggy Bill's or Dockers or clunky ass running shoes though, that's for damn sure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads