• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I think they were around 800 iirc.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I think they were around 800 iirc.

Damn $1150 here
frown.gif
. Asian prices always fail except for Japanese designer (in Japan).

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know Nicole casually, and I've met Eunice Lee a few times. Nicole is definitely more aggressive than Eunice. I get along with Nicole, but she is definitely much more blunt than a lot of people, men or women, in the men's contemporary industry. I use the specific term, because the norms vary between different areas. Definitely, in men's contemporary, which is where Blackbird mainly resides, it's not cool to be, or at least seem, overly aggressive. As a result, everyone has an opinion about Nicole, some good, and some bad. In this case, at least, I don't think that a gendercentric analysis would be accurate.

There are aggressive guys in the business, and people know who they are as well. It's not just approach either. It's substantive things like the terms that people demand, etc...

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SZ might as well be in another language, I just browse the pics and B&S.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Then why don't you post your awesome thought provoking romantic/intellectual fits there?

Abercrombie and TOJ have lots of depth, bro.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
At least people there are willing to critically engage their clothing choices on a conceptual level rather than just be like "i'm so baller du"

we never have thoughtful posts like this:
http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/sho...ostcount=33168
that get thoughtful responses like this:
http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/sho...ostcount=33169

I don't like making this out to an US vs them type of thing, but I've brought this up countless times. Yah, its funny to make fun of plebes who buy ****** shoes here, but I also think there should be room for healthy discussion. It doesn't have to be overanalyzing or anything of the sort. Just peoples thoughts on things.

The last time I brought this up I have someone just spit out an ad hominem as usual. Just look at this debate about this chick who works at blackbird. People like to say we don't overanalyze clothes, but look at how people are overanalyzing a certain womans personality
lol8[1].gif

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Could you take a medium in a Junya Summer 2007 knit jumper, Scott?

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
edit nvm. Jet and i both think the other is a pathetic loser based solely on their behavior on the internet. There's no reason to get into a catty slapfight.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
^ Could you take a medium in a Junya Summer 2007 knit jumper, Scott?

Willing to take a chance, pm me deets my friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads