• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTF Yoox: Isaia tie for $490?

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Link

Is it made out of unicorn's hair or something?

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be paid to wear that not-quite monstrosity.

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
I don't believe that tie which sells at Tom Ford or Bijan at Bevery Hills, CA cost this much!!!!

HOLY CRAP!

AE7

Reaction score
And it is not an error.
Similar tie is being sold for 340 quids on UK Yoox.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AE7
And it is not an error. Similar tie is being sold for 340 quids on UK Yoox.
I think it probably is an error... as though somebody entered an extra "0" in the listing. It happens sometimes. As for multiple sites showing the error, I'd say they don't change the currency manually for each site; the software probably just exchanges it automatically based on the intial entry (probably in Euros in Italy!) I've seen them make obvious errors from time to time, and oftentimes they'll change them back. They'll also sometimes mislabel an item (calling it "Tods" when it clearly isn't Tods.) I'd say if you sent them an email or asked, they'd probably fix it. Just my guess, but I've seen it before on Yoox.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I think it probably is an error... as though somebody entered an extra "0" in the listing. It happens sometimes. As for multiple sites showing the error, I'd say they don't change the currency manually for each site; the software probably just exchanges it automatically based on the intial entry (probably in Euros in Italy!)

I've seen them make obvious errors from time to time, and oftentimes they'll change them back. They'll also sometimes mislabel an item (calling it "Tods" when it clearly isn't Tods.)

I'd say if you sent them an email or asked, they'd probably fix it. Just my guess, but I've seen it before on Yoox.

Damn it! Hermes Man and I were going to purchase their entire stock--simply because it was expensive. Now I am no longer interested.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patek
Damn it! Hermes Man and I were going to purchase theri entire stock--simply because it was expensive. Now I am no longer interested.

I've also seen them go in the opposite direction... for example a bag that is appears for $280 and then a few hours later becomes $820. I remember seeing a travel bag once that way... I had no use for it, but if somebody had snagged, they'd have gotten quite a deal.

In short... Yoox makes mistakes dealing with so much inventory. If you're really interested or concerned, you can call and/or email them. I'm sure they can look in their records and realize this tie isn't $490.

AE7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I think it probably is an error... as though somebody entered an extra "0" in the listing. It happens sometimes. As for multiple sites showing the error, I'd say they don't change the currency manually for each site; the software probably just exchanges it automatically based on the intial entry (probably in Euros in Italy!)

I've seen them make obvious errors from time to time, and oftentimes they'll change them back. They'll also sometimes mislabel an item (calling it "Tods" when it clearly isn't Tods.)

I'd say if you sent them an email or asked, they'd probably fix it. Just my guess, but I've seen it before on Yoox.

I was thinking the same, but when I checked prices for items sold on Yoox UK and Yoox US, for some of goods their appear to be identical, irrespective for the currency: i.e. the blazer would cost 200 pounds and the same blazer appears to cost 200 USD...

may it is just yet another twist in their software...

as for the tie, if it is only 48 bucks its fairly good deal for Isaia, if I were after one I would contact them (for the UK Yoox customer service is fairly quick).

lovelux2010

Reaction score
yoox seems to be a scam way too often.

according to yoox:
"Info YOOX price

The YOOX price is equivalent to approximately half the designer's original suggested price. The savings may be further increased in the event of promotions and sales: in this case, the initial YOOX price will be crossed out and may be reduced up to 90% off the original price.

YOOX is not just a selection of clothing and accessories from previous collections, but an extraordinary assortment that ranges from exclusive products, vintage collectibles, special editions, and an original selection of design and books. The YOOX price for these items is determined on an individual basis and may be reduced in the event of various promotions."

I have found many items taht on Yoox that are only 10-20 perecent off retail pricing, NOT half of retail as Yoox claim above. I emailed them to complain about an item on 1 occasionç so they changed the pricing and the item was sold quickly to someone else.

i do not understand how they can claim they are offering items at half the designers original suggeted price - i do not think this is true for MANY items on their store

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lovelux2010
yoox seems to be a scam way too often. according to yoox: "Info YOOX price The YOOX price is equivalent to approximately half the designer's original suggested price. The savings may be further increased in the event of promotions and sales: in this case, the initial YOOX price will be crossed out and may be reduced up to 90% off the original price. YOOX is not just a selection of clothing and accessories from previous collections, but an extraordinary assortment that ranges from exclusive products, vintage collectibles, special editions, and an original selection of design and books. The YOOX price for these items is determined on an individual basis and may be reduced in the event of various promotions." I have found many items taht on Yoox that are only 10-20 perecent off retail pricing, NOT half of retail as Yoox claim above. I emailed them to complain about an item on 1 occasionç so they changed the pricing and the item was sold quickly to someone else. i do not understand how they can claim they are offering items at half the designers original suggeted price - i do not think this is true for MANY items on their store
It totally depends, because not only do they get closeouts from stores/boutiques, but they also act as the "outlet" directly for certain brands. Those brands sometimes stipulate the prices. BUT, as you said, some of their items (especially for very "hot" or popular brands) are not half off. And, you also have to keep in mind that in some cases they may not even KNOW what the "original" price even was, given that many of the items don't have tags (though are new.) As such, I'd say that they do the best they can, with the info they have. I mean, they screw up sometimes, but overall I think it works. In short: Yoox isn't a "scam." It's wonderful for what it is and I've been happy with the dozens and dozens of orders I've placed with them, and when I wasn't it was very easy to return.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lovelux2010
yoox seems to be a scam way too often.

according to yoox:
"Info YOOX price

The YOOX price is equivalent to approximately half the designer's original suggested price.

I have found many items taht on Yoox that are only 10-20 perecent off retail pricing,

Read what they wrote. MSRP isn't retail pricing for many things.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The tie is cute! $490 bucks cute? No way. As per above, must be a typing error.

However, removing a zero, do you guys not think that $49 is a little cheap for a brand new ISAIA tie?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads