• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
The weather finally promises to be spring-like today, with highs in the mid-60's/18C, and sunny.

As per the suggestion of NOBD, I've raised level at which I set my tripod - results are as below.

Great angle. Much better.

Originally Posted by banis

your SC collection is enviable.

Originally Posted by acridsheep
Robot:

Looking much better/cleaner today.

Originally Posted by MBreinin

Badass bro - but I think there are just too many straight lines - maybe a paisley or a dot tie or ps to break up the absolute verticality?

Originally Posted by Fred49
They are Echium they are pretty cool huh?
ps thanks on the suit

You have the best backdrops on SF. Gotta get me some Echium.

Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty

Tie is great - would love to see you play around more with color, and some more daring stuff. It looks good on you.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
We seem to have channelled the same "bold shirt" memo today.

My favorite Holdfast suit? Check.
My favorite Holdfast shirt? Check.

Excellently paired with a great tie and PS. You are the one on a roll lately.
fistbump.gif

Originally Posted by spoozy

Back to regular scheduled programme (unbalanced colours and mixing odd coats with non-suit trou):

Like it all except the shoes.

Phat Guido;4362459[Last chance to wear linen as the leaves are changing [/QUOTE said:
Love the SC and especially that tie, but orange and blue is just so intense to me... I have done it before, and with two saturated colors like that, its a little too much IMO, but excellently paired with the shoes and it works.

Kaip911

Reaction score
inlove.gif
With this forum! I'm learning so much thanks senior members
teacha.gif
!

IMG22142011.jpg

Butler

Reaction score
mj5lC.jpg

w0aaX.jpg

Getting ready for Easter!

Steven Hitchcock Tweed with suede details
T&A bespoke gingham shirt
Rubinacci blue knitted tie with brown spots
RTW yellow cords from Cordings of Piccadilly
Burgundy tassel loafers John Lobb St. James's
New & Lingwood PS

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the for the Linen Challenge! (That's today, right?)
Closeup-88.jpg
Standing-6.jpg
feet-36.jpg
Brooks Brothers linen/silk SC Kent Wang linen PS

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NewYorkRanger;4359549 said:
Tuesday:
IMG_4828.jpg

Last night, received an educator award at Xavier HS. [/IMG]

Congratulations on your well deserved recognition! This is a great photo of you.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chilly Weather Linen

Vo7yZ.jpg

Shirt is pure linen, jacket partly.

tshaw

Reaction score
You ever notice that Spoo's pose is reminscent of the same royal pose of Egyptian Pharoahs?? Hail to his Highness!
worship.gif

75f72cd8.jpg

Your comment and photo made LOL LOL LOL! Thanks..
a40c0909.jpg

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Badass bro - but I think there are just too many straight lines - maybe a paisley or a dot tie or ps to break up the absolute verticality?

I am trying to understand this feedback .... too many straight lines. I think Mike's fit is pretty spot on ... and paisley will really throw a wrench into it.

Love the SC and especially that tie, but orange and blue is just so intense to me... I have done it before, and with two saturated colors like that, its a little too much IMO, but excellently paired with the shoes and it works.
And this too, especially coming from you Spoo. blue/orange is classic and pretty basic.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
I am trying to understand this feedback .... too many straight lines. I think Mike's fit is pretty spot on ... and paisley will really throw a wrench into it.

No doubt its spot on - nothing at all wrong with it - I just have a personal thing for too many straight lines with no motion. Shirt, suit, tie all have perfect straight lines. A paisley PS would have been what I would have done with it. But hey, thats just me.

And this too, especially coming from you Spoo. blue/orange is classic and pretty basic.
It is classic and basic - Im just not a fan (old high school colors lol) - but for PG's look, it came off so overly saturated, I think thats why I wasnt sold on it. The tie is insanely nice though.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's fit qualifies for the Linen challange only by virtue of the fact that my PS is linen - otherwise, I am in the same weather pattern as the Spoo-meister - too cool by far for summer fabrics.

I am attending a benefit cocktail party/dinner/silent auction this evening at a painfully fashionable venue, a former bank branch in the Bowery. (The thought of drinking in the Bowery still evokes images of wrinkled brown paper bags containing Thunderbird or Night Train, but times apparently have changed.)

As this will be a very mixed crowd, I thought that pushing the limits on attire would be appropriate, hence today's "costuming".

Attire is as follows:

Suit and braces - New & Lingwood, London
Shirt - Brooks Bros.
Tie - Charvet, via Bergdorf's
Cufflinks - Niletti Creations, NYC
Pocket square - Syms, acquired shortly after the end of the last Ice Age
Socks - Brooks Bros.
Shoes - Crockett & Jones Edgware - their first outing since purchase.
Covert cloth coat - Charles Tyrwhitt
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center, NYC
Scarf - Frank Stella, NYC (circa 1993)

FWIW, and have at it . . .

IMGP0413498x1280.jpg

IMGP0412490x1280.jpg

IMGP04071089x1280.jpg

IMGP0409851x1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads