• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Justified (on FX)

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have not watched since I started this thread.
Good to know the show still delivers though.

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Anybody still watching? The last two episodes have been pretty interesting in setting up the series for next year. I like that Boyd's the man again.

I don't like Ava taking up with Boyd. One, because he's her brother-in-law, and that's creepy. Two, because he's sort of Raylan's friend, and that's wrong.

I'm curious about Helen and Arlo's cut of Black Pike.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Anybody still watching? The last two episodes have been pretty interesting in setting up the series for next year. I like that Boyd's the man again.

Originally Posted by epb
I don't like Ava taking up with Boyd. One, because he's her brother-in-law, and that's creepy. Two, because he's sort of Raylan's friend, and that's wrong.

I'm curious about Helen and Arlo's cut of Black Pike.

I like the complexity of the conflict between Raylan and Boyd. A substantial part of Boyd's motivation for returning to criminality has been Raylan's refusal to recognize Boyd's conversion and reformation. Putting Boyd together with Eva just deepens Boyd's connection and conflict with Raylan. It's kind of brilliant, really. The central theme of the show is 'Family', and they've already implied that at one time Raylan and Boyd were as close as brothers, and Raylan has no family to speak of, while Boyd comes from a tight knit clan. That would be a powerful dynamic for a couple of boys growing up together.

I particularly like the pacing of the show, with characters and plotlines being allowed time to 'stew' before coming to a boil - like the whole Loretta storyline, and now the hitmen.

brimley

Reaction score
Still watching (in fact, rewatched season 1 recently) and still the best show on TV right now. The reveal on the returning character last ep made me giddy. Preview looks like we might see more Tim/apricot action.

So much to get through in the final three episodes. Bennets, Crowders, and the Dixie Mafia. New Boyd, spurned Dickie, unknown elements in Mags and the mafia. Really interested to see if Gary actually ordered the thing on Winona (and Raylan?) or if that is Wayne Duffy working on his own.

I do think they're getting a little outside of Boyd's character but Goggins is so freaking good that it's hard to care.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brimley
Still watching (in fact, rewatched season 1 recently) and still the best show on TV right now. The reveal on the returning character last ep made me giddy. Preview looks like we might see more Tim/apricot action.

So much to get through in the final three episodes. Bennets, Crowders, and the Dixie Mafia. New Boyd, spurned Dickie, unknown elements in Mags and the mafia. Really interested to see if Gary actually ordered the thing on Winona (and Raylan?) or if that is Wayne Duffy working on his own.

I do think they're getting a little outside of Boyd's character but Goggins is so freaking good that it's hard to care.

Interesting. I assumed that the hit connected back to the Dixie Mafia storyline, but your suppositions make sense.

brimley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
Interesting. I assumed that the hit connected back to the Dixie Mafia storyline, but your suppositions make sense.

They spent a lot of time on the (life?) insurance issue in the law office scene. Also, I feel like this will all tie into the Winona taking the money situation, but I'm not sure how.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
They spent a lot of time on the (life?) insurance issue in the law office scene. Also, I feel like this will all tie into the Winona taking the money situation, but I'm not sure how.

Good point! Now that you put it that way, it makes a lot of sense. The emotional outburst was definitely setting the stage for something - sounds like it was for mourning his beloved wife, tragically killed in the crossfire. The ex doesn't know about the money, though, so I'm not sure how they'd connect it back into that plot line.

epb

Reaction score

Remember the racehorse that Gary went in on with the gangsters? I suspect that another of Gary's schemes didn't work out and this is the two of them looking for an out. Winona went for the money in the evidence lockup, Gary will go for the insurance payout on Winona. I'm guessing he's thinking everyone will write it off to her being caught in the crossfire in some issue with Raylan.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the topic of Justified, I randomly saw Elmore Leonard (the writer of the story that the series is based on) at the grocery store this morning buying donuts. He looks much younger in person than his 85 years would make you expect.

brimley

Reaction score
Who else caught the finale? For me, season 2 was better than season 1 but the finale of S1 (Bulletville) was better than the finale of S2 (Bloody Harlan). Still very good.

Excited for season 3, show is better than any drama that is not Breaking Bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics