• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binker

Reaction score
uncontrol is even more unbearable than normal lately, his cuntiness is invading every thread

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
you and the sexism

Except Zissou brought it up, actually; that her attitude must be based on the sexist attitudes of the industry. I just found that assumption itself pretty sexist.

Oh, and

tumblr_lheind32h41qg74zto1_500.png

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I think this is a pretty sexist appraisal of the situation and seems pretty inaccurate, or at least based on pretty shaky reasoning :\\ Maybe she just as an aggressive personality? I wonder what the response would be like if it was a man saying these words?

Going all teger on us? My response would be the same, refer to last paragraph.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
spot blown, those NBs i posted in 'should i/not' thread are gone in size US9/UK8
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
UK9 measures as 9.5US according to EndClothing, anyone know if NB run small?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
spot blown, those NBs i posted in 'should i/not' thread are gone in size US9/UK8
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
UK9 measures as 9.5US anyone know if NB run small?

WTF is all that gibberish?
eh.gif
EDIT: I see what you did there.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Except Zissou brought it up, actually; that her attitude must be based on the sexist attitudes of the industry. I just found that assumption itself pretty sexist. Oh, and
tumblr_lheind32h41qg74zto1_500.png

lol, the only reason why I got mad when that pic was first made was cuz of the circle jerk against me. I look pretty and don't put on makeup/lipstick! in retrospect that comment was so marsupialed, haha

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure how it relates to teger. Damn, people here are sure touchy about being posed any questions about their opinions lately.

I was just kidding, was just referring to how teger (and apparently BB1) sometimes seem to like to keep offering counterarguments for the sake of continuing the discussion is all. I'm all good with opinions and don't mind the back and forth in all honesty.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Uncontrol's shift key and/or caps lock appear to actually work, so he's not quite there yet, tonio.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
lol, the only reason why I got mad when that pic was first made was cuz of the circle jerk against me. I look pretty and don't put on makeup/lipstick!

in retrospect that comment was so marsupialed, haha

i like your fit pics because of the incongruity, you have a gentle visage and yet it is contrasted with dark shadowy tones of despair, and while it never works together i somehow enjoy it each time. also something about your facial expressions reminds me of sloth from the goonies

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Uncontrol's shift key and/or caps lock appear to actually work, so he's not quite there yet, tonio.

It's because I wanted to have a serious discussion about something without it degenerating into grown men calling each other cunts, oh well!

hey guyz swag swag swagaroo

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
There are some other categories too, including the "minimalist Euro boutique for sophisticated types" (see Project 8B), and "Douchey Euro yupsters with fake boobs, tans, and indoor sunglasses (see, Riccardi in Boston, before they tried to become more gothy, the result of which is an interesting hybrid "jacked Euro douchebag trying to look like Jude Law."

The post club-kids eccentric designer boutiques are another category like Kokon to zai, 7 NYC and that Antwerp crazy place which names escapes me at the moment...

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going to bed, but when I check back in the morning, I expect willy to have created a "Sloth wearing Julius" Photoshop work of art.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
i like your fit pics because of the incongruity, you have a gentle visage and yet it is contrasted with dark shadowy tones of despair, and while it never works together i somehow enjoy it each time. also something about your facial expressions reminds me of sloth from the goonies
LOL, well...that was certainly interesting. Yah, I am a corrupted young man. and all that could have been

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's because I wanted to have a serious discussion about something without it degenerating into grown men calling each other cunts, oh well!

hey guyz swag swag swagaroo

OK, I'll play:

She sounds like a naturally aggressive person who enjoyed a comfortable upbringing. That she's a woman doesn't really matter.

However....

Retailer Files: What is the reaction of your male customers when they find out the owner is female?

Nicole Miller: We have more of a problem in the industry. I'll be in the store and the sales reps will come in and won't even look at me. They'll talk to whoever the salesperson is, as if they're the owner. I got a comment recently by someone pretty highly-regarded in fashion. They said, "˜It must be challenging for you' and "˜I bet you don't understand that.' The women's industry is full of men. It's not like I'm a men's underwear model. It's funny. I'm pretty good at turning it around in a way that makes them feel very uncomfortable without saying, "˜Excuse me, that's very insulting.'
At the very least, I would suspect this is a regular grievance for Miller. But then, who's to say it's not the behavior of industry folks who are at fault here? Pinning this on Miller being overly-defensive because she's a woman in a position of power is too tricky without more evidence.

Can you tell I've been doing jury duty all week?
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads