• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Trini, you may want to consider a shirt collar that is a bit lower in height, a bit more spread and 1/2 or so longer points.

What do you guys think of the shade of blue. It's for pants, I thought it was a great shade for the spring/summer for brown linen jackets, grey jackets and the brighter spring stuff. It's got a luscious hand.

photo-13.jpg

photo-12.jpg

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wouldn't wear it to the office. Seems more of a "weekend" fabric.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it Ed.

Love that jacket, btw.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good Trini; looking forward to seeing the final product.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trini,are you going 3 patch on all of your sport jackets? Something funny going on with lapels,little gaping there but can't quite figure what it is. It is looking very good though.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup - 3 patch all the way.

S. Magnozzi

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Fitting pics:

5620491304_81a142e13b_z.jpg

5620488954_a03d691262_z.jpg

5620487252_33f1ede187_z.jpg

Mae sure that left sleeve gets the attention it needs.

Originally Posted by edmorel
Trini, you may want to consider a shirt collar that is a bit lower in height, a bit more spread and 1/2 or so longer points.

What do you guys think of the shade of blue. It's for pants, I thought it was a great shade for the spring/summer for brown linen jackets, grey jackets and the brighter spring stuff. It's got a luscious hand.

photo-13.jpg

photo-12.jpg

Looks pretty good, a bit bright perhaps but would work just fine would that jacket.

Getzione

Reaction score
edmorel;4362535 said:

QUOTE]

I've found that shade of blue to be very usefull in the summer. I have a pair of cotton slacks in that shade, and use it with khaki, brown, grey, white etc. Basically all the colours i like for summer.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I wouldn't wear it to the office. Seems more of a "weekend" fabric.

Agree with that Conne...

Not very business like..

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK, here's something that might interest you guys. Frank had mentioned that a customer brought him some cloth that was (Major Fabric Producer's Brand Here) Gabardine Super something. He said he wasn't totally sold on it, even though the selvedge was clearly (Major Fabric Producer's Brand Here). Lo and behold, he was dead on. When the (Major Fabric Producer's Brand Here) sales rep was at the shop, he showed him the fabric. The rep felt it and knew right away something was off, and said that its not one of theirs. Upon further inspection, "Gaberdine" was misspelled on the selvedge. Turns out that there are many counterfeit cloths that are Made in (guess where...) China, and thrown onto the market for purchase. I thought the fake D&B bags on Canal St were the extent of the counterfeit operations coming out of China. This blew my mind. Moral, just make sure you examine fabric you buy closely, especially if you get it at closeout prices or discount fabric stores. You really need to know your **** to avoid getting scammed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics